I am still waiting to hear from God loving people.

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:36 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Has God wrote anything on your forehead?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
I so don't want to reply what I am thinking.

Yes, he told me that I am here to help troubled souls and I am allowed to be naughty he will still allow me in Heaven for all the good that I have done.
George

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:42 pm
Speaking locally, we have an active "Food Group" ministry that serves not
only Stoneham, but sites in Malden and Boston as well. We have had a
number of volunteer groups helping to build affordable housing. This
economy -- and especially at this season -- puts enormous stress on, but
people continue to step up. I doubt that St. Pat's is unique.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
It's not just God loving people who can be caring or not, it's people who do or don't behave ethically.
Human beings are the same the world over, same faults, same vices, same virtues, same needs.
Your own ego is nothing I haven't seen before.
George

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:44 pm
By the way, no one needs to answer to you. I've found those who do the
most good are also the most reluctant to talk about it.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:58 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
At least you are be honest and straight to the point.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:00 pm
@wayne,
Thank you for sharing.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:06 pm
@George,
Quote:
By the way, no one needs to answer to you.

You are correct. I am just one who tries to start conversations on such matters in hopes to bring more attention to human behavior.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Knowledge is only what you take from it.

I am confused. You do not believe in after life...

http://able2know.org/topic/176688-45#post-4805771

And, I turned that off after like 10 seconds... Why do you want to hear from God loving people therefore, in any event?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:19 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Because for some reason that I do not fully understand. I have empathy for everyone.

I have a question for everyone who loves God. Do you think that it is OK to bring science into our religious understanding?
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I am just one who tries to start conversations on such matters in hopes to bring more attention to human behavior.
Perhaps you'd have better luck if you started your conversations a little more carefully.

Is specificity a dying tradition?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:23 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
Perhaps you'd have better luck if you started your conversations a little more carefully.

Is specificity a dying tradition?

Someone has to be the least among you. I guess specificity is one of my down falls
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:36 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
, I turned that off after like 10 seconds..

I think that you might be OK with this short video I am interested in how it makes you feel.

thack45

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:37 pm
@wayne,
wayne wrote:

Oh there's no doubt that many churches assume responsibility beyond the spirit, sometimes that's even a good thing.
Sure enough. But my point was that a church (or any other religious organization) only has responsibilities because it defined them for itself and its believers.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 04:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm sure that a lack of specificity is the downfall of a lot of conversations.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 05:51 pm
@George,
Quote:
I've found those who do the
most good are also the most reluctant to talk about it.

Martin Luther King seemed to find the opposite. in context to what I am asking about, "which is corporate corruption and all other forms of corruption.
The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 05:57 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
Your own ego is nothing I haven't seen before.

Would you be kind enough to describe it to me.
I can only imagine being the last one to know how I come across to others and even then I am sure that it's subjective at best.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 06:07 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
In addition to assuming that religiously devout people are whited sephulchres full of dead men's bones and all things unclean, he apparently assumes they're really, really stupid, too.

assuming? I am not sure I would call it that. I would call it going out there into make-believe land.
Quote:
religiously devout people are whited sephulchres full of dead men's bones and all things unclean

This is something someone would have to dream up. Kind of like withes, flying dragons and so on.
Setanta

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 02:59 am
@reasoning logic,
You have certainly ventured into "make believe land" if you think that religiously motivated people are going to line up so that you can tell them what a pack of hypocrites they are. Withes do in fact exist--but i suspect that the word you wanted was witches--this is an example of why it's useful to be careful of what one writes. As for whited sephulchres full of dead men's bones and all things unclean, that's a reference to a passage of scripture, and one which is appropriate to your theme. If you're going to take on a religion, such as christianity, it's helpful not to be completely ignorant of what, in fact, the adherents believe.

Matthew, chapter 23, verses 27 and 28, in the King James version:

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 05:28 am
@reasoning logic,
Feel a breeze as that went over your head?