Modern Household Conveniences That We Take For Granted

Montana

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 08:09 pm
Sorry Gus, but I cannot tell a lie. I don't want to devistate you, but I do have to confess that I have a tiller for me garden as well. Please don't hate me Gus!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 08:17 pm
You know how you picture someone in your mind? I've always figured you looked something like this...

http://members.aol.com/mariszaz/pioneerwoman.jpg

Are you telling me I'm wrong?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 08:18 pm
Sorry Gus.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:31 am
I remember the times, yay nigh on years ago, when I was a wee one, and my parents would tell me to get up and change the TV station - manually! ... yes, I was the remote control.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:36 am
Heeven- I remember when I was in my 20s, and I went to a friend's house. She had a remote control. At the time I thought that the remote was the ultimate in conspicuous consumption, with an attitude of appalling laziness!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 10:37 am
I certainly wouldn't be flipping channels as often I tell you!
0 Replies

TheDOTKU

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 11:14 am
I switched from a pitcher to a counter top Brita filter unit and it changed how my whole day goes because I never have to wait for water to filter and as long as I keep it full there is always plenty. That got me thinking about this subject today... the contrast between those who have convenience tools and those who don't and how those who have them probably don't even realize the advantage they have over others. Like "You have to make your own destiny!" but the person saying that to the impoverished has never had to to carry their water from across the village... what takes them less than a second takes the person they are ragging on hours.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 09:25 am
The day that I "cut the cord" on my cable system, was the day the I started to enjoy television. I have a Roku streaming box. I can see shows without commercials. and binge watch series to my heart's desire.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:22:30