hair color and hightlights

brandyk

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:30 pm
i am going to the salon to get highlights later this week, but wondering if it is ok to go ahead and color my hair a couple days before just to cover up the gray first.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,194 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:36 pm
@brandyk,
Are you experienced with using home hair colour?

When did you last colour your hair?

How soon is the appointment?
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:39 pm
@brandyk,
No don't! The hairdresser will address your grey hair and your highlights at the same time. Twice the chemicals within a short time isn't good for your hair, so don't do it.
0 Replies

brandyk

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 04:00 pm
@ehBeth,
yes, i've been using home color for years now...nothing drastic, just mainly covering the grays. my grays aren't too bad, but was just wondering if it was ok to touch them up a bit before. it's been about 7 weeks since i've colored my hair last and my appt. is on tuesday.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 04:14 pm
@brandyk,
Hi - I'm with cjane. I don't think it would be a good idea to use a chemical on your hair this close to the appointment to have the highlights done. Probably best to have the colour technician do the roots and the highlights in the same appointment. That way they know what chemical reaction to expect.
0 Replies