Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 10:40 am
There is this guy in another department that walks back and forth down a hallway. I have spied him yesterday as I went to the ladies room. Just walking aimlessly with his hands in his pockets. I come out and there he still is walking down and back looking as if he is walking through a beautiful garden.

Again today – I go to the ladies room and he weirdo is walking again. On my return he still is. I keep watching to see where the h*ll he is going – just down one way and back the other.

Thoughts on the walker? I plan to spy on him.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 10:41 am
@Linkat,
Have you asked him about his walking?
Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 10:56 am
@ehBeth,
He's a stranger - so I am frightened to ask him.

Actually I don't know him at all - not even sure what group he works in. And also I don't actually walk by him. He is too far away for me to ask without shouting. I bypass the hallway on my trek to the ladies room.

I suppose I could do something mature and ask him - but I rather like the mystery.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 11:40 am
@Linkat,
He's the new Quality Control Director.

Maybe he's one of those people they send in to observe and track company slackers...you know the ones what watch him and aren't getting their own tasks done.

Perhaps he is of elsewhere and is considering purchasing the place.

Maybe a governmental sort, making sure that work conditions are up to snuff...you do have a snuff box there don't you?

Only way to find out is to ask. You don't even ask have to him. Get some poor sap in the area where he's doing his nonstop constitutional and have them ask and then get back to Mildred over in finance who will report to Wilbur in the mailroom and he will tell Clancy when he gets on the elevator to tell Ethel, who will then tell you. Problem solved.
Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 11:58 am
@Sturgis,
We don't have a Mildred.

He wasn't walking or within view when I went to the kitchen to heat up my lunch.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 12:15 pm
@Linkat,
Maybe he's a conman looking to pull an Ocean's 11 style caper on your company? He could be the scout for the party to the criminal endeavor/heist. Does he look like either Brad Pitt or George Clooney?
Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 12:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
Not even close. I wish - then the spying would be much more enjoyable and probably I would have company.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 12:23 pm
@Linkat,
In that case, just start a paper trail if the guy makes a habitual return. Does your company have full time security? Let them know of your observations on this man's habit. Just give them a ring and remember to trust your initial instincts.
roger

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 12:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
Good idea. This may actually be a red cell operation finding weakness in company security. If a total stranger can wander around for an entire day without being either accosted or reported, company security isn't too hot.

Turn him in Linky. There may even be a little something in it for you.
Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 12:40 pm
@roger,
sweet....and I work in a secured area - meaning not only do you need a badge to get into the building, but you need additional security to get into the area in which I work.

True Story on this once at a prior company. Here and there we would receive a company wide email reminding us of security stuff - including to report to security any unusual or suspcious individuals. So this intern or new hire (can't remember which) actually read this thoroughly. She saw what she thought was a suspcious character she had never seen before wondering around on the floor she worked on. He was acting weird; he appeared (in her words) retarded- so she reported him.

Security came and he kept saying over and over - no I'm a portfolio manager, I'm a portfolio manager. And he was - I can vouch for that this guy is weird. I had to deal with him regularly for work. He is quite the oddball and he thought it fun once and a while to wonder on different floors to check things out.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 01:38 pm
Ok you all think I'm crazy - just went to the ladies room again and there he is wandering with his arms behind his back.

So when leaving the ladies room, I took the long way around - hoping to bump into him. But no he is at the furthest distance away just moseying around.

I am going to get at the bottom of this.
roger

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 04:01 pm
@Linkat,
Clearly, this corporate spook is avoiding you. Turn him in. Maybe there's a reward.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 04:05 pm
Oh Hell . . . just shoot the son of a bitch . . .
Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 04:49 pm
@Setanta,
So I get up not too long after the long walk around the ladies room. And voila I see this person walking to his desk (at least I assume it must be his desk).

Ha ha - I found his desk - I will need to search it out when he isn't around. And no one else - since it is in a spot that you wouldn't casually walk around it.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 05:49 pm
Perhaps he has a bad back and needs to stretch.
Linkat

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 10:42 am
@Ceili,
I was out yesterday so I have nothing to report. Although from my observations there seems to be no bad back.

Haven't noticed him today, but I've been busy as I have to do stuff from yesterday to catch up.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 10:45 am
@Linkat,
You should start the Linkat Detective Agency. Get a camera crew to follow you around and thusly star in a reality TV show as well. Smile
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 10:59 am
@Linkat,
I have a bad feeling about this...

what if he is reporting to his boss that he has been walking out in the hallway to watch for that lady that goes to the bathroom all day long instead of working?

stalemate...
Linkat

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 11:20 am
@Rockhead,
I don't think his cube has a nameplate - hard to see - when I went to the cafe a bit ago, I walked stragetically so that I could go past his row as close as possible to his cube. There was only one down that row that had a name plate and it didn't look like his.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 11:29 am
@Linkat,

is there someone you know who sits near him who you can ask?

1. Forums
  2. » The Walker
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:14:13