Shocker! Bill O'Reilly's book on Lincoln's assassination full of factual errors.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 09:26 pm
@georgeob1,
Absolutely but prepare for the onslaught.
snood

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 09:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I only hope to be half the humanitarian you are snoody.

Don't fret; have faith... you're already nearly half a man. Anything's possible!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 09:54 pm
@snood,
Snood my good man, you clearly despise me. That's perfectly fine as my assessment of you is not very favorable.

If you want to keep this silly **** up, be my guest, but I'm not challenged by dueling with dwarfs.

I won't "ignore" you and I will, from time to time, respond to your posts, but if you insist on this mental masturbation that so thrills you, you need to find a new muse.

Get a towel and clean yourself off.
snood

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 10:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Snood my good man, you clearly despise me. That's perfectly fine as my assessment of you is not very favorable.

If you want to keep this silly **** up, be my guest, but I'm not challenged by dueling with dwarfs.

I won't "ignore" you and I will, from time to time, respond to your posts, but if you insist on this mental masturbation that so thrills you, you need to find a new muse.

Get a towel and clean yourself off.

Me: You're and asshole, Finn.

You: I won't stoop to insulting you, you mental dwarf!

Me: You're an asshole, Finn.

You: I am too above you to engage in this type of exchange, you insignificant boob!

Me: Whatever. You're an asshole, Finn.

You: I have so much of importance to do that I am not even going to dignify this with a reply. I'm much too smart and worldy and wise to be having a tit-for-tat with the likes of you, you jerkoff.

Me: You're nothing but a mealy-mouthed, officious blowhard asshole.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 10:28 pm
All a bit juvenile in my view. Disagreement doesn't require the perjorative mud slinging.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 10:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Absolutely but prepare for the onslaught.

Perhaps. The orthodoxy here appears to be enforced with great zeal. Woe to him who doesn't conform.

It makes one wonder if they have all thought this through themselves, or are merely repeating stuff they've been told.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 10:40 pm
@georgeob1,
yup.

it's a wonder we can all tie our own shoes without you and finn here to explain for us how to do it, Ob...

Rolling Eyes
snood

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 11:05 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

yup.

it's a wonder we can all tie our own shoes without you and finn here to explain for us how to do it, Ob...

Rolling Eyes

Maybe we should erect twin statues, as a humble show of gratitude.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 11:11 pm
@Rockhead,
I found a possible template:

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1294203104452&id=95b77ee40b62db45d721662b7f1bb63c&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.horpaz.com%2fpictures%2ffunny-horse-statue.jpg
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 11:17 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

yup.

Rolling Eyes

It's pretty clear you & Snood have no tolerance for disagreement. Insecurity is the usual cause. Perhaps it is well-justified.

When you girls have finished reassuring each other we can all resume.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 11:38 pm
@georgeob1,
it's your big stinky old brush, George.

you paint whomever you want with it...
snood

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 11:46 pm
@Rockhead,
I bet it's a horsehair brush.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:06 am
He will keep his job because FOX is based on lies and paid by its sponsors FOR its lies, just another day at FOX.

Bill O'Reilly Also Lied About His War Experience, Mother Jones Claims

Quote:
Perhaps Fox News host Bill O'Reilly feels even more sympathy for NBC's Brian Williams now that O'Reilly, too, has been accused of overplaying his battleground experience.

On Thursday, Mother Jones posted an article questioning the accuracy of O’Reilly’s past claims that he "reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands" and "survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands War."

"For years, O'Reilly has recounted dramatic stories about his own war reporting that don't withstand scrutiny -- even claiming he acted heroically in a war zone that he apparently never set foot in," David Corn and Daniel Schulman wrote.

They noted that O'Reilly's 2001 book, The No Spin Zone, makes no mention of the host witnessing combat in the Falklands. O'Reilly arrived in Buenos Aires just before the 1982 conflict ended, and as Mother Jones pointed out, that city is 1,200 miles from the Falkland Islands.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:13 am
@jcboy,
He's relying on the fact that most of his viewers, and readers, are as thick as mince.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:15 am
@jcboy,
Fox News' hypocrisy is carcinogenic! Embarrassed
jcboy

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 09:47 am
@tsarstepan,
Bill O'Reilly is nothing but a Pathological liar! Cool

Bill O'Reilly has claimed repeatedly that he witnessed the execution of nuns while reporting in 1981 on the civil war in El Salvador

Quote:
Between 1980 and 1992, a civil war raged in El Salvador between the Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN) and the government of El Salvador. On December 2, 1980, four members of the Salvadoran national guard raped and shot "three American nuns and a layworker." The tragedy ''did more to inflame the debate over El Salvador in the United States than any other single incident,'' according to a 1993 State Department report. After the death of Silvia Arriola, a member of a religious order killed six weeks after those four churchwomen, "no priests or nuns were killed in El Salvador for more than eight years," according to Dr. Anna Lisa Peterson, a professor of religion at the University of Florida.

O'Reilly has spoken on several occasions about his time covering the Salvadoran civil war as a CBS correspondent in 1981, suggesting at least twice that he witnessed the murder of the churchwomen. On the September 27, 2005, edition of his talk-radio program The Radio Factor, O'Reilly said, "I've seen guys gun down nuns in El Salvador." And on the December 14, 2012, edition of his Fox News show, O'Reilly spoke of telling his mother that "I was in El Salvador and I saw nuns get shot in the back of the head."

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8600/16622239076_c679fbc925.jpg
0 Replies