If any mathematician online

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 05:29 am
I want to convert a two dimensional graph into a mathematical equation. I can send you the ordered pairs of all the points. Plz help me in doing that. Its very important.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 652 • Replies: 4
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 07:05 am
@Mohammad Sohail,
What you are asking doesn't exactly make mathematical sense. There is no single mathematical way to convert a two dimensional graph into an equation, there are several ways to come up with an approximation.

If you posts the ordered pairs I can do a linear fit, or a polynomial fit, or an exponential fit or any other type of fit. You will have to specify more about the problem you are solving to determine which of these is more appropriate.

Why not post the points, along with an idea of where the data is from, and several of us here are qualified to make a fit as long as you are aware that it is just an approximation.

By the way, the program Excel (or any other similar spreadsheet program) will do any number of approximations for you.

http://www.ncsu.edu/labwrite/res/gt/gt-reg-home.html

But be warned a regression is what it is and a common error is to think a regression line says something it doesn't say at all. Again many of us would be happy to discuss your data with you if you post it.

0 Replies

Mohammad Sohail

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 12:59 pm
Friends I have an idea. You all know that God's universe and laws of Physics acting in it. Shortly it is mathematically arranged. Everything is working as calculated and if disturbed a little bit can result in a big big problem. If God's universe is mathematical then why not its book Al Quran. That is why no one can make verses like that of Quran. I believe that there must be some mathematics involved in the number of verses. The number of verses a chapter is having. The alphabetical order of the words of its verses. There must be something in Quran that is still hidden. I have made order pairs of the verses e.g., Bismillah in Arabic= Ba Seen Meem
Ba is second work of alphabets
same with seen and meem.
So the order pairs with x component as 1 and y component as 2 so
(1,2) for ba
same Patteren can be followed to make all the order pairs of Bismillah.
Then a two dimensional graph can be made and then that graph will be translated by you into a mathematical equation. If mathematical equation of the whole chapter is the same by adding or multiplying the equation of its verses then it will be no less than a maricle. The way I want to accomplish my idea can be totally wrong but the basic idea behind that is to find mathematical maricles of Quran can never be wrong. There must be some thing there in it. We just have to find it. Please try to do it or guide me to do it. I shall be very thankful to u all.
Ragman

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 01:05 pm
Anyone see that one coming?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 10:07 pm
@Mohammad Sohail,
Watch this video very carefully.

0 Replies