Some questions about foreign workers' benefits in Singapore

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 02:57 am
From 1 January 2010, the minimum coverage of the medical insurance that employers are required to buy and maintain for the inpatient care and day surgery for each of their Work Permit Holders and S Pass holders, will be $15,000 a year.
In this medical insurance, do the employees have to pay part of the money for the insurance? or is the insurance connected with the employees' salary?

Under Work Injury Compansation Act, do the employers and the employees have to pay for the insurance (if work injury compensation is seen as an insurance)? If they have to, do the employers and employees have to share the costs?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,018 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 11:38 am
@kkfengdao,
Here is a link to the medical benefit section of Singapore's employment regulation site. I haven't studied the whole thing, I'll let you do that, but I think it addresses your questions.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/medical-benefits/Pages/medical-benefits.aspx

0 Replies