The power of trusting in God

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:02 am
The kids were having trouble in school. The problem is they don't do anything, they sit around talking about nothing without focusing on the things they should be doing and then wanting to take far too much time off.

So the teacher calls and wants to make sure I see all of the tests so my kid has to bring them home for me to sign. Of course I am furious and say that until I see improvement there will be no Xbox.

So the next week my kid brings his test for me to sign. I look at it and say "this isn't an improvement, you still haven't got anything correct". "Oh", he says, "you didn't look at the top. And, sure enough at the top of the test he had written in big letters "In God We Trust".

I admitted I had missed that and I gave back the Xbox. His teacher is now happy and he seems content playing games and going out with his friends. And, why shouldn't he since he has learned to trust in God.

So just make sure you write "In God we Trust" on what you do. What more is there than that?

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:07 am
I can't decide if this is supposed to be humor or not. Did the teacher actually write: "You haven't got anything write"? (Americans commonly use the past participle "gotten" by the way.) Could you perhaps explain the point ot this?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:08 am
@Setanta,
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-god-we-trust-house-re-affirms-national-motto--yet-again/2011/11/02/gIQAiZRWfM_story.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:15 am
Ah . . . i see. This is a product of the evil Lincoln administration, the first American administration to invoke the deity on a regular basis. Among other religious indiscretions, Lincoln created the thanksgiving holiday (to thank "god" for the mercies shown the republic in its civil war), and his secretary of the treasury, Salmon Chase, added "In God We Trust" to the coinage. Sad, sad . . .
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 08:54 am
Wrong! I notice that you're from a foreign culture so you're unfamiliarity is understandable ... but in our country there's a separation of church and state - a tenet of our Constitution.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 09:32 am
I would feel much better if they passed a national motto stating " I believe in honesty". But for politicians that would be a huge lie!!!
Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 02:44 pm
@RABEL222,
As in "How can you tell if a politician is lying? -- His lips are moving."
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:37 pm
@Ragman,
Tell that to all the religious groups stuffing money in to the pockets of politicians... and the politicians.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The power of trusting in God
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 07:37:58