Have a McNugget

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 12:28 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/chicken.jpg

You get this at McDonalds, KFC, local supermarkets, and probably anywhere that is deemed fast food. Say hello and thank you to mechanically separated chicken. This is what they use to make chicken nuggets and patties. Also, over 70% of processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it. Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve—bones, eyes, guts, and all. The end product is this. However, since they crush everything, there is an enormous amount of bacteria, and disease. Therefore, guess what? They wash it with ammonia, soaked in for a number of hours where it will expand. Then, the flavor it’s just horrendous, thus they add artificially flavoring. And to get rid of the pink color, it will be dyed with artificial color.

parados

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 12:36 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
mechanically separated chicken.

Don't you mean mechanically combined chicken?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 12:55 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
The chicken meat that I've eaten
has been fully intact.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 02:22 pm
This is false premise - per snopes. The info you got this was most likely from a vegasource website - of course they are going to stretch the truth. And Mcd's nuggets are made from all white meat - not this processed way.

From snopes:

"...Contrary to what is claimed above, the process does not involve the grinding up of entire animal carcasses ("bones, eyes, guts, and all")...it is a technique for removing what is left on the bones....although meat packing plants typically use anhydrous ammonia for refrigeration purposes, with ammonia leakages having on occasion cause contamination...poulty processors do not routinely soak MSP in ammonia.).....

(Although McDonald's Chicken McNuggets are typically offered as an example of a popular MSP-based food, since 2003 that product has been made with all white meat rather than MSP.)"

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
chai2

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 02:27 pm
Remember this?

parts is parts

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 02:49 pm
@chai2,
I do remember that....wasn't as good though as the where's the beef....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 06:31 pm
@Linkat,
soylent pink.

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 07:58 pm
@Linkat,
Thanx for that, Linkat. Cynical though I tend to be most of the time, that o.p. didn't sound quite believable to me. (As an aside, I never order 'nuggets' anywhere anyway. If I'm gonna have chicken, I prefer boneless breast, with or without skin, and I prefer to prepare my own Cordon Bleu.)
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 11:47 pm
Then there is meat glue.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 04:15 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/chicken.jpg

Why are they putting that into cardboard boxes (without any plastic seal)? Seems like a strange way to pack a food product.
farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 05:23 am
@rosborne979,
look how dirty the yellow pipes are in the background. Im sure the local health inspector has gotten a nice new pontoon house- boat with all the "baksheesh" hes gotten from the Mclaboratory.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 08:20 am
@farmerman,
I would like to know the source of this photo. Linkat has questioned this as an urban legend. (The image URL is blueveinedthrobber's photobucket account.)

Where did you get this photo, Bear?
Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 08:28 am
@wandeljw,
I'm not sure where it originally came from - it is one of those "viral" emails. I found it on the vegasource.com, but you can find this on utube
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 10:41 am
I got it from facebook. according to snopes it's a mixture of truth and untruth. even without the misinformation included it's disgusting all on it's own.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 10:47 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSoiDtdi9s&feature=related
msolga

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 08:30 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Making hotdogs:

0 Replies