is it possible that Moses was a Egyptian Pharaoh ?

north

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:56 am

is it possible ?

comments
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 2,012 • Replies: 16

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:58 am
@north,
Anything is possible.
north

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 01:00 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Anything is possible.

have you read anything about the title of this thread ?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 01:05 am
@north,
Not enough to have an opinion that's anything more than speculative guess-work.
roger

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 01:08 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Ya know, I have always wondered why some as powerful as Pharaoh was listening the the whining of a Hebrew slave boy.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 01:10 am
@roger,
Well, don't foget, Roger, he was raised by the Pharoah's daughter (allegedly), so, technically, he was no slave boy.
0 Replies

north

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 01:12 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Not enough to have an opinion that's anything more than speculative guess-work.

hmmm..

same but I am just getting into it

there is so much more to it then the thread suggests but I thought I could get the ball rolling on such thinking about our past

I want to understand our deeper past , better , much better than I do now
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 02:16 am
The Egyptians were obsessive records keepers. Moreover, they kept monumental records, which is to say, they literally carved them in stone. Yet you want to know if a probably fictional character from the ethnic fairy tales of a band of middle easten hill billies was a Paraoh? I'd say, two chances--one fat, the other slim.

I don't know what your origin is, but Jewish fairy tales are not a part of my historical tradition.
Roberta

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 09:58 am
I saw a program on the History Channel (I think) that suggested the possibility.

My thoughts? Bull feathers.
Pemerson

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 12:48 pm
@Roberta,
I've read that, beginning with Jewish Joseph, there became too, too many Jews vs Egyptians in Egypt down thru generations, hence the beginning of slavery for Jews. It wouldn't surprise me that one became a Pharaoh. For a while they were very well liked and admired by Egyptians (until they became too many).

True? Who knows
0 Replies

Tom Skylark

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 09:56 am
@Setanta,
Exodus 1:8 reveals the Egyptians purged Joseph's name from all Egyptian records before Moses was born. The Egyptians purged queen Hatshepsut, Akenaton, Semenkare, Tut and Ay from all Egyptian records. Moses name therefore was purged also.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 09:59 am
@Tom Skylark,
I guess Exodus 1:8 was wrong since I've seen some of those Egyptian records re Hatshepsut and Akenaton within the past month.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:45 am
@north,
Historically speaking, the Jews were never enslaved in Egypt. The Moses story is simply a part of Judeo-Christian mythology. It never happened.

This question doesn't really make sense.

parados

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 11:41 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Historically speaking, the Jews were never enslaved in Egypt. The Moses story is simply a part of Judeo-Christian mythology. It never happened.

This question doesn't really make sense.

It must be true. Otherwise the power of the pyramid wouldn't exist in the real world.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 11:55 am
@Tom Skylark,
You are just as stuffed full of sh*t as a freshly slaughtered goose. But that's the beauty of religious delusion, huh? You can just make **** up and then attribute it to scripture.

Exodus, Chapter One, Verse Eight, in the King James Version:

Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.

Hmmm . . . nothing there about records being purged.

Quote:
The Egyptians purged queen Hatshepsut, Akenaton, Semenkare, Tut and Ay from all Egyptian records.

Uh-huh . . . then how do you know about them?

You're a bullsh*t merchant.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 01:49 am
@north,
According to the scriptures, Moses was the adopted grandson of an Egyptian Pharaoh.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 01:53 am
@maxdancona,
I suppose that you are one of those, who even deny that the Holocaust every happened also.

Who were the historical Shepherd Kings who left Egypt around 1567 B.C.?
0 Replies