Birthday Blues

Eva

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:38 pm
You're absolutely right, Montana! Wisdom brings a security all its own.

I spent most of my 20s & early 30s lying about my age, telling people I was older than I was so they would respect me more professionally. Or so I thought. I only became comfortable telling people my real age when I hit 35. I've gotta say, my 40s have definitely been my best years so far. I'm getting a bit antsy about hitting 50 this fall, but my friends in their 50s tell me it is the best time of life, so I will make the most of it.

I always love my birthdays. Ever since I can remember, I have treated the day as my own personal holiday. I do whatever I want to do, and that always includes pampering myself. A LOT!!! That makes me look forward to the day. You might try it!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:41 pm
I can get soz's point about not being a young leader anymore.
I was another of those 'you've done all that, already?' stars.
When I suddenly discovered myself a 'veteran' in my industry, I was pretty startled.
I'm fairly well-adjusted to it now, but there was a moment ...

Definitely treat yourself to spas etc., Montana. I wish I'd known about the joy of the pedicure 20 years earlier. I would have skimped on other things if I'd had a clue.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:46 pm
Happy birthday, Montana!

http://tubes.ominix.com/art/holiday/christmas/tn_shiny-wrapped-present_png.jpg

It's a new hot tub for your gatherings with Dag and Gus. Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:52 pm
Eva
I'm sure your friends are right and I hope you have a glorious 50th :-D I never really had the time to pamper myself until now and the feeling of freedom is beyond words. I've always been a free bird and it's exciting just knowing I can actually spread these wings again :-) With all of you telling me how great your 40's have been, I'm actually starting to look forward to it.

Beth
Do you know that to this day I've never had a pedicure. Man, I've got some serious livin to do :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 12:54 pm
CJ
Awwwww!!! Thanks. That is soooo sweet. You know how I love those hot tubs :-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:08 pm
Treat yerself to a nice pedicure, Montana. I definitely waited too long to start.

hmmmmm, a personal holiday. Nice idea.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:24 pm
I won't be able to afford to fully pamper myself for another 2 years until I start working a job that actually pays me, but a pedicure is surely on the top of my pamper list. I heard it was absolute heaven :-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:26 pm
Pedicures and manicures are great !! I love lying back in a chair - hands and toes being pampered, while someone else does a relaxing facial !!!

Hey gorgeous !! Happy bday in advance - just in case I forget on 28th - you know my memory is going in my old age Wink
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 03:17 pm
Cut that out, Montana! You don't have to be able to afford a pedicure. Tell your son & friends that's what you want for a birthday present!!! (Better yet, ask for a gift certificate for a massage! Not only do they work on your feet, but the rest of you as well. Unbelievably wonderful.)

Pampering need not cost a lot. Refuse to cook or do household chores that day. Spend it reading a book or window-shopping at a travel agency. Buy yourself a single flower at the florist (make it a gorgeous one in your favorite color.) Ask your friends to join you at your favorite restaurant/club for a drink in honor of your birthday (they'll pay for their own & probably yours, too.)

Lotsa ideas.....
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 08:57 pm
Happy Birthday, Montana. (I remember you as Gezzy)
You're just a little babe yet....
I remember when I was 32. First time a lot of friends, (none of them relatives) gave me a cake and a party, and asked me if this was no# 29?? Made me really blush happily.
Eva, I loved being 50. Had a video made of me strutting around, sipping coffee and looking coy.

Next birthday, I will be 68, and I am still grinning.
Life is all there is, folks. Laughing

(once louritter, gotten older Very Happy )
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 09:10 pm
Montana...I think 40 will be fabulous for you. There are so many things you have accomplished for your own good and the good of your son in the last couple years that right now I think you're at a perfect point to just enjoy the trip!
Besides...who would ever think your upbeat personality would be down in the dumps for somethign like a fabulous day to come....it means you are a year wiser you know!
Wink

I had the most aweful time with 29....completely horrible angst ridden actually. 30 was fun and wonderful, big party, feeling like the mature person I was, and being treated like it as well. Im just thinking that 39 will be like 29, hopefully with less pain and suffering for all concerned, and 40 will be just as fabulous in the maturity level way.

Happy B-Day gal........and yes, get some simple pleasureable all for yourself stuff..itll make any little twitch of bad thoughts/feelings eased away.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 11:31 pm
Montana wrote:
Wilso
I've never seen that and I've never ever thought like that. I think a single man of 40 is just waiting for the right one to come along or maybe wants to get his career established before he committed himself to someone.

According to at least one member here, it signifies an inability to commit, and is sufficient to prohibit any pursual of any type of relationship.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 07:09 am
Gautam
You're too funny with your old age, LOL! Thanks for the Happy Birthday handsome ;-)

Eva
I actually don't have any friends up here yet and my son is not working, so it looks like I'm on my own. I decided I'm going to buy myself that flower you mentioned, take a nice long bubble bath, and curl up with a good book. Those things alone are heaven to me, so it's going to be a true day off. I'm sure mom will get me a cake as she always does and she'll probably make me a nice diner of my choice. I opened my birthday present yesterday and I was thrilled to find that mom and #1 son got me a crock pot. I've been wanting one for the longest time, but my funds never seemed to stretch far enough to get one. I'll be having some fun with that thing :-) Thanks for being so sweet ;-)

Theollady
Thanks very much. Yup, I certainly was Gezzy. I absolutely love your outlook on life. You go girl and enjoy every second of it :-)

Quinn
Thanks so much for your thoughtful words. I should actually be thilled at this time in my life since I'll be able to do so much more stuff just for me. I haven't been able to think about myself for many, many years and I'm finally getting close to the time where I'll be free to do for me. It is nice that I enjoy the simple things in life, such as gardening, cooking, crafts, and reading, but it will be a thrill when I can get those pedicures, go to spas, take little adventure trips, etc...
It's funny that you're the first person I know who had a problem with 29. Maybe it was the knowing that 30 was right around the corner and by the time you reached 30, you were over it, LOL!
Thanks again Quinn. You're very sweet ;-)

Wilso
Well sweetie, that person who said that obviously doesn't have a clue. Don't always take what others say to heart because not everyone knows what they're talking about. What that person said is nonsense and I'm sure most would agree with me. If I took everything that everyone says to heart, I'd be a mess. There are plenty of things that have been said where I just roll my eyes and say "Ohhhh Please", and then I forget about it. For example, someone posted something bad about single mothers who never married and asked where our morals were. Yeah, it pissed me off and I certainly threw in my 2 cents, but I didn't dwell on it at all after I voice my opinion of their ignorant comments. If you take things too personally and allow it to continue to bother you you're only hurting yourself. Some people actually get some kind of sick thrill in feeding on other peoples emotions and I use to hate those people, but as I get older I've realized that those people are the ones who are truly miserable with their own selves, which is why they try so desperately to hurt others just so they won't feel so alone in their misery. Instead of hating those people now, I feel sorry for them because they have to live inside their own skin day in and day out.
Always remember Wilso, that the ignorant are simply people who don't know any better ;-)
Be happy with yourself and don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks about you and you'll be all the happier for it. That's what I do and it works for me ;-)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Birthday Blues
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:31:34