Is coconut water good?

Linkat

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 10:42 am
@CalamityJane,
I'll give it a shot. I know I should drink milk - but hate the stuff.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 10:43 am
@tsarstepan,
Maybe they will give out small samples - sometimes the health food store me does that for new products.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:50 pm
@Linkat,
Gosh, PM me your address and I'll send you the $2 a bottle of this stuff costs!
Laughing

BTW: These are the brands I buy

http://zico.com/

http://www.tastenirvana.com/default.php
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 01:06 pm
@Linkat,
I like tap water with one lemon squeezed, maybe a 1/2 tsp sugar, lots of ice, tall glass. I love, above that, a naturally bubbly mineral water (that has a lot of minerals, not just Perrier) refrigerator cold with a squeeze of lemon or lime and no sugar. Bracing..

All this makes me want to try a real coconut, but no chance to find one in a store here. I use canned coconut milk, sweetened or not, depending on the dish, in some of my cooking..

CJane's chart re nutrition was helpful - now I'm going to check out the Silk coconut milks.
0 Replies

mars90000000

Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:38 pm
Coconut water is very good for the health... but only if its the real water. It's very hard to find the real coconut water in coconuts from most supermakets, you would literally have to get a coconut off a tree.

If you see that you can puncture one of the 3 holes in the coconut with easy... it's not the real water. What they do nowadays is take a coconut from the free. remove the original coconut water to sell it on the market, and replace it with artificial flavoured water.

So unless its the original water, i would say not to drink it.
Rockhead

Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:46 pm
@mars90000000,
a coconut water conspiracy theory. how cool is that...?

we never get any of the cool stuff in Kansas...
0 Replies

chai2

Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:19 pm
I too loved the coconut water when, as a kid we cracked one open.

I don't know about that brand linkat, but I did buy another brand once.

It was hot out and I was expecting that refreshing taste I remembered.

It was nothing like it, and it totally sucked.
0 Replies

CarlyJef

Thu 15 Aug, 2013 06:58 am
@Linkat,
I drink coconut water every time after working out, it has many benefits and I've heard many times that it's the best natural alternative to sports drinks because of electrolytes content
0 Replies

corleoneways

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 05:03 am
Yeah, it is very healthy for our body and immune system. Many health experts have shared reports of coconut water health benefits.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 04:29 pm
@Linkat,
It's (subjectively) very tasty and refreshing. I drink a lot of it (but without the added flavors as I like the taste of coconut)

It's an excellent source for re-hydration.

Beyond that, there is nothing special about it.
0 Replies

topmiamiplastic

Mon 19 Aug, 2013 04:16 am
@Linkat,
it is good
0 Replies

Happiness For You

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 12:27 am
@Linkat,
Yes coconut water is really good for health.
0 Replies

stevem13

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 11:38 pm
@Linkat,
The packaged water is not to be trusted, but the real deal is much better than any drinks available in the market. Coconut water is good for health. It is considered safe for children as well as pregnant and breastfeeding women and there are no known side effects. However, it does not work well with those who may have nut allergies. It may have a mild laxative effect on some, but there are lots of other naturally occurring fruits and vegetables that have that effect.
0 Replies

jaxcaterer1

Thu 7 May, 2015 03:47 am
@Linkat,
I think drinking natural coconut water is great.
0 Replies

carroll123

Fri 29 May, 2015 06:44 am
@Linkat,
flavored coconut water may not harm your health for sure but i will suggest you to go for natural coconut water because it contains more nutritive value than flavored one.
0 Replies

Davidwilis

Sat 30 May, 2015 02:27 am
@Linkat,
Yes, especially in summer season , it's good for health.
0 Replies

rahulvyas

Mon 14 Sep, 2015 05:07 am
@Linkat,
Coconut water is beneficial for the body, stomach, hairs and even skin. Although excess of everything is bad, but coconut water should be used in optimum quantity. Coconut water can be used to cook food, can be used as hair oil which nourishes hair. Drinking coconut water stabilizes upset stomach, it also increases the glow on ones's skin. Overall, coconut water does wonder for one's body and skin and hair.
Linkat

Mon 14 Sep, 2015 07:28 am
@rahulvyas,
Thanks - never heard of the use for an upset stomach.
chai2

Mon 14 Sep, 2015 09:21 am
@Linkat,
Hey Linkat.

Back in the late Spring I bought some of the below, from Trader Joe's. It's the real deal, tasting exactly as I remember coconut water tasting directly from the nut.

I did happen to be sick at the time, this some crud that lingered on for a month. It was the only thing that seemed to satisfy that "I'm feeling awful, water is bloating me, this hits the spot." I'd give it 5 stars.

I was lucky and happened to catch it on sale.

http://designassets.traderjoes.com/Uploads/wn-organic-coconut-water2.png
Linkat

Mon 14 Sep, 2015 09:40 am
@chai2,
I'm going have to get me some. I have a TJ about 5 minutes from my house. Love that place.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:37:00