Mon 17 Oct, 2011 09:58 am
The house next door finally went up for sale. Morgan said when he first moved here he met the lady who lived in the house, claimed she owned it for 17 years, then up and moved out one day. It was vacant for a year. Last week the for sale sign went up. Morgan is putting an offer in on it today. It’s a small two-bedroom two-bath house but it’s on a double lot. He said if he gets the house he’s going to have it torn down so ours will be on a triple lot. Personally I think he’s a loon!

ossobuco

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:01 am
@MMarciano,
Better check city zoning codes first - triple lot isn't always allowed.
Izzie

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:02 am
@MMarciano,
We love a loon Wink
0 Replies

MMarciano

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:03 am
@ossobuco,
Good idea! I bet he hadn’t thought of that. It’s not uncommon to see homes on double lots in Saint Petersburg but I haven’t seen any on triple lots.
chai2

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:06 am
@MMarciano,
hmm.

I think he's being really smart.
For now he's got a triple lot, and can garden to his hearts content.

At some point he can sell some or all of it, or have 2 or 3 houses built on it and sell them.

One thing though, re tearing the existing house down....Morgan might want to consider seeing if anyone wants the house, and is willing to move it.

When my current neighbor bought the property next door, there was a little bungalow on it.

Someone wanted it to use as a studio, bought it, and moved it away!
No cost to my neighbors for demolition, and they put the money into the house they were building.

0 Replies

chai2

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:07 am
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:

Good idea! I bet he hadn’t thought of that. It’s not uncommon to see homes on double lots in Saint Petersburg but I haven’t seen any on triple lots.

So buy all 3 and sell one.
MMarciano

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:11 am
@chai2,
That is something to consider! Last night he was drawing up the plans on what to do with it if he does actually buy it. Tear the house down but leave the garage, he wants to make a cabana out of it and have a pool on the property.
ossobuco

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:16 am
@MMarciano,
I remember something about that being true re lot consolidation back in Venice, but forget the details.
0 Replies

chai2

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:17 am
@MMarciano,
So, are you going to be his cabana boy?

Wink
MMarciano

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:19 am
@chai2,
I'm almost 30, too old to be a cabana boy Wink
chai2

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:50 am
@MMarciano,
Oh?

What's the cut off age for a cabana boy?
MMarciano

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 11:18 am
@chai2,
According to Morgan the cut off age for a cabana boy is 21. Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 12:24 pm
I’ve been waiting for a year now to find out what was going on with this house. I had my real estate agent friend Brian check into it a few months ago and he said it was a pre-foreclosure.

So now it’s on the market. I hadn’t thought about the three-lot problem, I’ll ask Brian to check into it for me. But a deal like this and right next door is an opportunity I can’t let go by.

As far as the pool boy goes, if he’s older then me he’s too old to be a pool boy!
chai2

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 12:26 pm
@jcboy,
Good luck!

This is an opportunity.

Morgan, land baron.

Has a nice ring to it.
ossobuco

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 12:27 pm
@jcboy,
Maybe the next door place will count as only one lot? I'll be interested to find out, for my curiosity, as well as for you.
jcboy

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 12:33 pm
@chai2,
Thanks! LOL, I’ve been looking to buy a second home just for the investment, it’s a buyers market! but then I thought do I really want to be someone’s landlord and deal with a rental? Not really. This way I don’t have to.

I know how much the lots alone are worth without a house on it, this is a steal. Can’t go wrong.
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 12:36 pm
@ossobuco,
I’ll find out from Brian. He was my agent when I first moved here. Only thing I don’t like about him is he’s so laid back, takes him forever to get back to me, like he’s living on island time or something.
chai2

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 02:40 pm
@jcboy,
mebbe brian would like to be your cabana boy.

don't mind me, my brain is fried today.
jcboy

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 02:44 pm
@chai2,
ECK! LOL, I’ll tell you a little story about Brian. When I came here I stayed at a place called the Gay St. Pete house, clothing optional bed and breakfast. Brian is the owner, he’s also a real estate agent. We got in his car to look at homes and he had to stop every fifteen minutes to blow in the device in his car to get it started, it was his second DUI. An experience I’ll never forget!
Rockhead

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 02:48 pm
@jcboy,
I'm afraid to ask what shape the device was...