So I'm Ordering Something Direct From China

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 07:11 am
I'm investing in some moving head lights and the two American companies charge considerably more than double than I can get the fixtures for direct from China. I still wanted to buy American to do the right thing, I really was willing to spend the extra money, then I find out the American moving head lights are manufactured in the same place by the same company. Screw that. I'm buying direct. If the American companies are going to put a 150% markup on the lights they deserve to lose the business IMO. Greed, greed, greed. Move the plants overseas to build things on the cheap and increase profits, then bring them back home and mark them way the hell up and tout buy American to make even more. Maybe we deserve to fail.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,136 • Replies: 6

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 07:17 am
a wife?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 07:29 am
@shewolfnm,
Are you asking if I'm buying a Chinese Import wife? No... my tastes run a little more to the darker exotic types. Laughing
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 08:40 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Are you sure you really are buying directly from THE TRUE manufacturer of the product you want? Or fell into some phishing website? Or some illegal patent/copyright infringing counterfeiter's manufacturing site?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 09:03 am
@tsarstepan,
I know people who are affiliated with company as buyers. Everything on the up and up. I have a friend who is one of those guys that decorates his house during the holidays so you can see it from outer space. All latest tecnologies, pixelated led animations etc. etc. He belongs to an entire Nationwide group of people who do this and this is the company they get their lighting direct from. I've seen some of the moving head and par led products and the ones I'm looking at actually have more features than their "American" counterparts. Great optics, quiet smooth stepper motors, more gobo and color features, more dmx channel programming capabilities. Believe me I investigated.

Here's an example. American dj vizi spot moving head 22 watts, 3 prism feature. 749.00 The one I'm looking at... 30 watts (these are leds btw) 3 AND 5 prism features with rotation, two more color options, with shipping
and everything 576.oo for BOTH to my door.

and that's making an order myself. Next spring when this coop does their mass order I can order more lighting with them and get a substantial discount on top of that. If I'm satisfied with these lights I plan to order 4 of the 60 watt heads next spring or perhaps even their 90 watt fixtures which are still cheaper than the 22 watt "American" products and not even offered in the US yet. They also have led pars and color bars for when I expand my uplighting cpapabilities.

Makes too much sense not to do.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 10:03 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Well I guess you are a well placed, well networked, and highly researched consumer BVT. You've got more then a leg up on the rest of us unconnected lot.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 10:48 am
@tsarstepan,
You don't think they hand out GED's to just any idiot do you?
0 Replies