Atheist Theology: It's a hoax folk!

jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:23 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
So you believe Adam and Eve were the first two people on the planet, six thousand years ago? Cool
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:26 pm
@jcboy,
No...For I do not believe it was 6 thousand years ago!! Cool Cool
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:27 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
How long do you think people have been around? Cool
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:32 pm
@jcboy,
Don't know for sure, and anyone who claims they do know for sure is full of ****...But I bet if God is real, or not, life has been around a lot longer than 6 thousand years...
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:33 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Nice dodge Cool
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:39 pm
@jcboy,
If you think someone being honest is dodging then o.k....glad your happy I dodged you...

Why don't you tell me how you know exactly how long life has been here? and how your certain you know this?? If I am dodging you...
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Okay, probably somewhere between ten to forty million years, think I'm close? I'm just guessing of course. Cool

How old is the earth according to the bible?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:50 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
Okay, probably somewhere between ten to forty million years, think I'm close? I'm just guessing of course.

Like I said, not sure, and no one can say that they are....

Quote:
How old is the earth according to the bible?

It never says....If your referring to the 7 day creation...One day does not actually equal one actual day like today...

Or the Earth Could be billions of years old...And the Earth could have been initially created in a 7 day span....

And none can prove or disprove this is true, or false....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:31 pm
@jcboy,
Speaking of which, Since your picking apart my views of evolution...

Do you believe we evolved from ape-like animals??

If so, Why are there not apes evolving into humans today??

And if you believe the inferior species dies off, who do ape-like animals exist still today?
Questioner

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:32 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

]It never says....If your referring to the 7 day creation...One day does not actually equal one actual day like today...

Or the Earth Could be billions of years old...And the Earth could have been initially created in a 7 day span....

And none can prove or disprove this is true, or false....

Proving or disproving isn't really the issue anyway. The entire thing isn't overly important to some (most?) Christians because while it give some back-fill into the origins it doesn't supply much information in the way of salvation or the work of Jesus.

Honestly, those that start arguing for the 7-day creation are just picking splitting hairs to split hairs.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:39 pm
@Questioner,
I agree with you...

But I was answering Jc's questions...For I felt it was the right thing to do...he was not acting like a dick toward me, like many on here do...So I felt compelled to give him my time and answer him...

I was not doing it to split hairs...I am not vindictive like that...I was doing it for all the reasons listed above...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:53 pm
@Questioner,
Please do me a favor, in the future...You do not seem like a bad guy...and since were not fighting, or debating at the moment...If you want to know how I feel about an instance, or circumstance...please ask me directly how I feel, rather than portraying what you think you know about me, and who I am...You have done that a few times now...

Just asking Nicely....

Of course you do not have to do it if you don't want to....
Questioner

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 11:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Please do me a favor, in the future...You do not seem like a bad guy...and since were not fighting, or debating at the moment...If you want to know how I feel about an instance, or circumstance...please ask me directly how I feel, rather than portraying what you think you know about me, and who I am...You have done that a few times now...

Just asking Nicely....

Of course you do not have to do it if you don't want to....

I'm afraid my last post actually wasn't referring to you at all. Not everything said about Christians here pertains to you. You're not as outnumbered as you'd maybe like to think.
Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 03:32 am
That's really rich coming from Spade who seems to think he knows all about the other members here, and is constantly diagnosing what he alleges are their mental health problems.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 06:06 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Do you believe we evolved from ape-like animals??

If so, Why are there not apes evolving into humans today??

One striking example of modern day evolution is the case of the North Ronaldsay sheep. What is of particular interest is that it confounds both Creationists and Darwinists.

In short the island of North Ronaldsay came into the possession of an absentee landlord. He decided to use the island to breed cattle, the problem was that there was already a population of sheep. Instead of culling the sheep he decided to build a wall in the which kept the sheep confined to the beach, leaving the pasture for the cattle. The wall was built in the 1830s. The sheep should have starved to death, but they didn't, they adapted (evolved) to eating seaweed. the reason that this also confounds Darwinists, is that the time frame is incredibly short for such an evolutionary process to take place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Ronaldsay_(sheep)
Chights47

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 09:06 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
It never says....If your referring to the 7 day creation...One day does not actually equal one actual day like today...
James Ussher actually published a chronology that purported to establish the time and date of the creation as the night preceding Sunday, 23 October 4004 BC...

There's also this website but I don't know if it's real or fake because creationism is already such a ridiculous idea it's hard to differentiate sometimes: http://www.creationtips.com/earthsage.html
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 02:35 pm
@Questioner,
Quote:
I'm afraid my last post actually wasn't referring to you at all. Not everything said about Christians here pertains to you. You're not as outnumbered as you'd maybe like to think.

O.K. well then I cleared the air, as to why I was posting what I did, and how I wasn't trying to split hairs...

What do you think about what I nicely asked you to do???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 10:37 pm
@Chights47,
It's interesting about Bishop Ussher, because we have had young earth creationists here who hew to the 6000 years old line, and others who are sufficiently, intellectually sophisticated to be embarrassed by that, and to simply make vague statements about "thousands of years rather than millions of years" (one member here who apparently despaired when Mr. Obama was elected--he's not been seen since just before the election--would use almost exactly that language).

The case of Bishop Ussher is interesing for another reason, and that is because it points up the ignorance so many religionists. Time and time again we've had young earth creationists here who insist on the 6000 years old position, but who have not actually ever heard of Bishop Ussher. Certainly they were also not Episcopalians.

You can see this ignorance, which many of them wear as a badge of honor, again and again. I can't estimate the number of times in my life that i've encountered people who will say "God moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.", and insist that it is a biblical verse. It's not, it's a line from a hymn by William Cowper written in the latter half of the 18th century. I've told people that and they've gotten angry about it.

Many, many christians are not only poorly educated, but they in fact consider that a good thing--as far as many of them are concerned, the only book they need is the bible. They could at least invest in a dictionary so they can understand all of the words they'll find there.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 11:28 pm
I'm surprised at you, izzy, you usually do much better than that in your replies. Many species of seaweed are perfectly edible. They're a staple in survival-at-sea manuals. Americans (and apparently English as well) generally didn't eat seaweed thirty or forty years ago. We'd probably have gagged at the thought. Then Japanese cooking got popular. Now you can find seaweed in most large grocery stores. We didn't need to do any evolving to eat it, because it's just another form of plant. We just needed to be a bit more experimental. Sheep didn't need to evolve either--they just needed to be desperate. Perfectly consistent with evolution.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 02:40 am
@MontereyJack,
Not all varieties of seaweed are edible. If you look at the sheep, there is surprise amongst the academic community at how they managed to survive and adapt so quickly. You can dismiss it as being one of nature's anomalies if you want to, but I don't think you would be right to.
0 Replies