Atheist Theology: It's a hoax folk!

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 08:48 am
@izzythepush,
Well said Izzy... Wink Wink Very Happy

0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:14 am
I've always found the very religious to be the least tolerant people on the planet.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:20 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Could it have anything to do with my last post to Setanta? And you not wanting, or willing to accept it??

Would you have a problem if they said that about you??

Just curious...
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:28 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I didn't read your last post, and no I wouldn't have a problem if they said that about me, I was making a statement.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:29 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
o.k. cool...as long as you feel that way...I don't have a problem with you saying that about very religious...
Questioner

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:38 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

o.k. cool...as long as you feel that way...I don't have a problem with you saying that about very religious...

Oh well thank God that we found something you don't have a problem with.

Shouldn't you be out on the street condemning the homeless for poor choices and yelling at passing gay couples?
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:41 am
@Questioner,
Oh he had a problem with it or he wouldn't have been so quick to respond.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:48 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Wrong indeed! and I clearly stated how I feel above...I will post it again...

As long as that is true, I don't have a problem with you saying that about very religious...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:53 am
@Questioner,
Quote:
Oh well thank God that we found something you don't have a problem with.

Did I ever say fully trust me alone?? Go out and test what I say, and speak of...

Quote:
Shouldn't you be out on the street condemning the homeless for poor choices and yelling at passing gay couples?

So typical...You have no friggen clue as to what or how I feel about any of those things you listed do you??

First off, I am very close to poor, and have made many bad choices in my lifetime...I feel everyone is worthy of millions of chances...Second, I do not believe gay people are wrong...If they believe in God...I would never yell or provoke hate toward another human being...Love thy neighbor as thyself...If gay people think there going to hell, and end up going there, it will be because of how they feel about God, and how they acted toward him...nothing at all with being gay itself....

But I bet you did not read any of my posts in any other thread other than the maybe 5 or 6 you read in the White Jesus thread...and came out and labeled me as something I am not....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 09:57 am
@Questioner,
Since your going to stereotype me..

Shouldn't you be out living your one and only life to the fullest...rather than debating with theists, with which you know there wrong???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Naughty naughty . . . if you actually put me on ignore, you're not supposed to peek . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:10 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Why would i think i'm "ahead of god?" I don't believe there is any god. None of this has ever sunk in with you, has it?

And yeah, it is better to address someone's bullshit directly than to just call them names.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:12 am
@izzythepush,
This is typical of the fuzzy-thinking in which religionists specialize. Talking about the positive contributions of religion assumes that the human race would not have achieved any social or material progress without religion. My experience of history is that the human race accomplishes progress in things social and material despite the influence of religion.

Your boy de Botton is no more exemplary of all atheists than Hitler was exemplary of all Germans. In fact, any clown talking bout "churches of atheism" is no atheist at all.
hingehead

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:13 am
@izzythepush,
Hey izzy my only and entire point is that talking about a theism of atheism is as ludicrous as discussion what sex an asexual thing is. That the religious so often label atheism a religion speaks volumes about how their minds work.

Why do they never label those who don't believe in Santa as a religious cult?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:22 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
Hey izzy my only and entire point is that talking about a theism of atheism is as ludicrous as discussion what sex an asexual thing is. That the religious so often label atheism a religion speaks volumes about how their minds work.

No, For your own flaw lies within your own classification as to what you actually are, and are not...that is not the fault of religious...that is the fault of whoever follows and embraces the things that you claim to...

You claim not to be a person who does, and practices something like Skepticism, Doubtfulism, Questionism, etc...but yet you label yourself as someone who believes there is no existence of a God...therefor, your flaws lies with your own labelizations of yourselves...

Your main centralism of your belief, or lack of belief still centers around God, therefor, it is not the fault of religious who label you that way or not...but on the brilliant person who invented atheism, and labeling himself as what he did, and you following suit..
Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:32 am
Angry, hateful son of a bitch, ain't he . . .
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:59 am
@Setanta,
For a start de Botton is not 'my boy,' at all. I was merely pointing out that among some Atheists there is a move to establish themselves as a religion. The British Humanist Society wants Humanism taught alonside other religions in RE lessons.

I never said that this was the case with all Atheists, one of de Botton's fiercest critics is Richard Dawkins. The fact that you as an Atheist do not hold such views is academic, and your assertion that others who feel that ritual has importance in its on right, and functions well withou a belief in God, are not 'proper' Atheists sounds a bit like your evangelical Christians who claim that Catholics aren't proper Christians.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 11:01 am
@hingehead,
That's alright mate, I wasn't picking a fight, just pointing out a debate that's going on at the moment over here.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 11:04 am
@Setanta,
I think the phrase I'm looking for is "dumb as ****". I'm like the first person who invented not believing in Santa claus. I actually laughed out loud.
Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 11:10 am
@izzythepush,
First, i'm not an Atheist, i'm an atheist. I am without god, and the definition is external to me. I only refer to myself as an atheist because others label me that way. I am well aware that there are rabidly militant anti-religionists who call themselves atheists. My point is that if you are anti-religion because you call yourself an atheist, and then you want to set up atheist "churches," you are a barking hypocrite.