From The People Are Stupid Department

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 06:32 am
So yesterday I'm in my truck and a call comes from a bill collector. One of the local hospitals turned me over to collections a couple of years ago not because I hadn't made monthly payments religiously, but because they decided the payments weren't big enough, so after paying them 4000.00 of the 7000.00 they turned me over to these vultures. **** 'em, I'm never paying them another dime, but I digress.

Here's the conversation

Hello...this is Steve

Is this Steve Winney?

No, this is Steve Quinney

Do you receive your mail at (my address)?

Maybe, what's this in regard to?

This is so and so from such and such and....

Let me stop you right there. I'm not collectable on this debt, I'm NEVER going to pay it.

But do you receive your mail at (my address)

What difference does it make?

Mr. Quinney I want to help you but....

No you don't, you want to collect from me. How does that help me, and why do you need my address?

Mr. Quinney how do I know I'm even talking to the right person?

You got me honey, I confess. I'm impersonating several people who are swimming in medical debt just so collection agents will call because I'm lonely. Will you tell me a story?

awkward silence.... I hang up. Laughing

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 06:36 am
I have responded to such things in the past with: Goddamn it . . . where's my pistol . . . where do you live, you son of a bitch, huh? Where do you live?
Fido

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 08:07 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I have responded to such things in the past with: Goddamn it . . . where's my pistol . . . where do you live, you son of a bitch, huh? Where do you live?
Careful... It might be a felony to use a telephone to issue a threat... Even a veiled one...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 08:08 am
My favorite was my sister's standard reply:

"I'm sorry, but I'm deaf and I can't hear you. Thank you for calling!" <click>

They never called back.
0 Replies