What are the best free professional translation sites out there besides Proz.com and Translatorscafe

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:41 am
@izzythepush,
You used PROFANITY.
djjd62

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:43 am
@JGoldman10,
and yet you reply

interesting
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You used PROFANITY.

Did I ****.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:32 am
@izzythepush,
I am ALLERGIC to profanity. I AM A CHRISTIAN.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:19 am
@JGoldman10,
Yeah, but you use bigotted words, and are not adverse to using medical conditions as insults. Your posts are far more offensive than mine.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 06:52 am
Sites like Proz.com and Translatorscafe are for free FREELANCE translations, so "free freelance translations sites" is what I need to search for- that is what is going to help me.

I just found such a site:

freelancersupport.com

I need to find others like it.

I would rather get translators to translate my stuff for free- I still want help with slang translations.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 06:55 am
@JGoldman10,
They're no good, a computer programme can only do so much. My daughter, the linguist, was told at University to avoid such sites, they never provide good translations and can get you thrown of the course.
djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 06:56 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
I would rather get translators to translate my stuff for free.

so you can make money off it, how very christian of you
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:01 am
@izzythepush,
You aren't listening. There are FREELANCERS who will translate your translation requests for FREE. SUCH SITES EXIST- Proz.com, Wordreference.com and Translatorscafe are NOT the only ones.

There are a few linguistics forums out there like Unilang that will translate things if you ask them but I am not going to depend solely on those.

I would like to go back and deal with these three sites but I am not going to get fixated dealing with them if there are others out there like them.

It came to me to look at FREE freelancer sites - that is what I am going to pursue.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:03 am
@JGoldman10,
Because it's free they can have a lot of fun, do you know the Russian for knobcheese? It might be an idea to find out.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:05 am
@izzythepush,
PROFESSIONAL FREELANCE TRANSLATORS on a FREE site are not going to do that.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:07 am
@JGoldman10,
Yeah, course they're not.
djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:10 am
@izzythepush,
he's obviously never read any of my pig latin translations on A2K

i'm not a professional translator but i play one on the interwebs
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:11 am
@djjd62,
Otnay isteninglay.
djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:12 am
@JGoldman10,
and yet you respond, are you some kind of psychic or other satanic being
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:20 am
@JGoldman10,
As you've exhibited the knowledge of how to find such answers many hundreds of times, type the phrase 'free translation sites' in Google and you'll get several hits. Why do you even ask here? Are you trying to show that you're doing the research?

You're an expert at searching the web. Also you're an expert at avoiding reality and avoiding doing the real work that would involve reaching your real goal.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:23 am
@Ragman,
FREE FREELANCE TRANSLATIONS SITES is more specific. I don't want to pay professional translators to translate stuff if I don't have to.

I thought I would share that with people.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:41 am
@JGoldman10,
Why are you telling US? You're the one that needs this translation service.

You want to bother someone else to do something for nothing? So you want others to do your research ... use them and not compensate them for their time and trouble? Just like so many have done for you here.

You seem to just want to talk and obsess on these details. Apparently it makes you feel like you're busy doing something that seems like productivity to YOU.

Why put the cart before the horse? If you can't sell or market the comic in US and/or in English, why waste the time with all that language translation and slang or cultural reference effort? That's a lot of effort for zero sum gain. Classic timewasting.

Wonder when your mom is going to toss you out on your arse? I sure hope you help her with the mortgage or rent and expenses and do some of the chores. Perhaps you're researching that, too?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 11:10 pm
@Ragman,
Do you have anything I would like to share regarding this topic?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 12:06 am
@Ragman,
I am not ashamed to ask for help - maybe people here know something I don't.