Why the poor are poor.

Germlat

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Glad you can afford trivial ****....try doing that in Cuba.
cicerone imposter

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:31 pm
@Germlat,
Also, another perspective that not many people are aware of is that both Japan and Germany have high rates of poverty. I would never consider those people as lazy.
Germlat

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Some don't understand systems...some work very hard and are still poor.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:41 pm
Cuba is a godless commie country so no wonder it's near-bankrupt.
Japan is godless too, and the Krauts are solid boneheads..Smile
Lustig Andrei

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:44 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

What exactly does "poor" mean anyway?
We all eat well don't we, and have a roof over our head and a TV and computer?
What more can we possibly want?

I don't know what kind of a fantasy Shangri-la you live in, Romeo, but there are millions of people who don't have a roof over their head, even in so-called industrialized countries in Europe and North America.
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:53 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
In 2002 I was just out of jail (3 month vigilante rap), homeless, jobless, near penniless, ill and living rough in a tent in a wood, but was I disheartened?
Nah, I was too busy laughing at myself-
"Oh great " I thought" I've ended up as Bigfoot!"
But I soon got out and up, the trick is to not take life seriously..Smile

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want" (Philp 4:12)

0 Replies

neologist

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 07:06 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Here's a suggestion to stop poverty- tell the native men to keep their flies zipped up, and tell the native women to stop dropping their nix..Smile
Spoken like a true . . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 07:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Cuba is a godless commie country so no wonder it's near-bankrupt.
Japan is godless too, and the Krauts are solid boneheads..(smarmy emoticon removed)
Quote:
At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. (Acts 10:34,35)
BTW, this was after one of the times Peter had to change his thinking . . . . . Remember?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 07:16 pm
The JW's ought to run third-world fly-blown countries, they's soon get 'em to keep their flies zipped..Smile

WIKI- Jehovah's Witnesses say sexual relations outside of marriage are not permitted, homosexual activity is considered a serious sin, and same-sex marriages are forbidden.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses
Lustig Andrei

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 09:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Can you ever stay on topic, Romeo? That's one of the silliest non sequiturs I've seen.
neologist

Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:11 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Romeo's had a few too many head shots
0 Replies

Miller

Tue 5 Aug, 2014 05:56 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

I don't know what kind of a fantasy Shangri-la you live in, Romeo, but there are millions of people who don't have a roof over their head, even in so-called industrialized countries in Europe and North America.

In Boston alone, there are perhaps hundreds, maybe even thousands of individuals who are homeless and are living on the streets. At the foot of Beacon Hill, very near the Mass General Hospital, there has always been a cluster of homeless folks who live in large boxes, discarded in the trash.
At sunrise, they leave their boxes and travel to free food centers. At sun set, they go back to their boxes..

Why do they live like this? Maybe, they want to. Or maybe no one cares about them.

In the region of the New England Medical Center, many of the homeless ( and prostitutes)make their way into the hospital to use the restrooms to clean-up and refresh themselves. I don't think anyone in the Hospital cares either about the homeless folks, or that they use their bathrooms. But still, life goes on for these homeless people. I suspect that not only are these folks homeless, but that they are also hopeless.

Being hopeless is a dead end. Being homeless is not.

At night ( late at night) there is medical van on the Boston Common), that provides free medical care to the homeless. Thank God for these healthcare workers ( especially in the cold Boston winters ).
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 5 Aug, 2014 09:54 am
Quote:
Romeo said: The JW's ought to run third-world fly-blown countries, they's soon get 'em to keep their flies zipped..
WIKI- Jehovah's Witnesses say sexual relations outside of marriage are not permitted, homosexual activity is considered a serious sin, and same-sex marriages are forbidden.

Lustig replied: Can you ever stay on topic, Romeo? That's one of the silliest non sequiturs I've seen.

Think it through mate, the topic is 'Why the poor are poor', so if JW's ran the show they'd soon stop people having more babies than the land can support, it's not rocket science..Smile
parados

Tue 5 Aug, 2014 10:29 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Sure, because Jehovah's Witnesses like Southern Baptists never have sex outside marriage. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 5 Aug, 2014 10:54 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Romeo said: The JW's ought to run third-world fly-blown countries, they's soon get 'em to keep their flies zipped..

Lustig replied: Can you ever stay on topic, Romeo? That's one of the silliest non sequiturs I've seen.[/quote=Romeo Fabulini"]
Think it through mate, the topic is 'Why the poor are poor', so if JW's ran the show they'd soon stop people having more babies than the land can support, it's not rocket science..Smile
JWs are mostly concerned with running our own show. We cannot make the decisions for others. We all have free will, as you know.
Germlat

Tue 5 Aug, 2014 01:55 pm
@neologist,
A friend of ours wrote a book "Waffle Street". Interesting ..? About a hedge fund manager. He's a JW....it's coming out as a movie with Danny Glover and Lafferty ...quick plug for him. Great guy!!
0 Replies