Dads of A2K, I'm curious

izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 04:04 am
@Setanta,
My daughter is 19, her mum died when she was 12. I know for a fact she's mine, but if it turned out that were not the case it would just upset us both, and ruin the memory of her mother. Other than that it wouldn't make much difference.
Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 04:19 am
@izzythepush,
I haven't suggested that this is not often the case, and i suspect usually the case. My experience is that the majority of people are not heartless shits. I was simply pointing out that there still are quite a few heartless shits out there.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 04:24 am
@Setanta,
I wasn't particularly responding to you, or making any point about society in general, just speaking from my own experience. I responded to your post because it was the last one on the thread, that's all. You're right though about heartless shits, some of them don't care even when the kid is theirs.
Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 04:29 am
@izzythepush,
Sure Boss, no problem. To post without replying to someone else's post, look for the tab (at top and bottom of the page) which reads "Reply to All."

Neither my mother nor my father were competent to raise children--which didn't stop them from producing four of them. We were raised by my maternal grandparents. My grandmother often complained of it (She was 51 when i was born), but both of them obviously loved us, and we had a good home, when so many children don't.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 05:35 am
@DrewDad,
I am curious DrewDad. Are you pro-life?
DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 05:54 am
@maxdancona,
No. I'm pro-responsibility.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 05:58 am
@DrewDad,
That's a funny way to put it. I thought avoiding the term "anti-choice" was good enough.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 05:58 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Have you always been this stuck-up?

If by stuck-up you mean totally unimpressed by manipulators like you, then yes, I always have been.
Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:05 am
@chai2,
I drive like sh*t but only when I want to.
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 07:16 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
Boomerang On another thread several were saying that often father's are not really the biological parent of the child, and that even though they believed they were -- for years and years -- that the father should never have to pay child support should the marriage end.

I didn't believe that a man who raised a child, even if his believed biological connection turned out to be false, could just walk away.

So I thought I would ask.

I can't imagine someone telling a kid "So long, it's been good to know you."

The biological father of my son wanted to do exactly that.

With the benefit of hindsight I wish I had let him.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:21 pm
@chai2,
Somehow I don't think that was what he meant or what 99.9% of readers thought he meant.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Somehow I don't think that was what he meant or what 99.9% of readers thought he meant.
of course not, she is being a smart ass because she has no better come back....however, it begs the question of what it is that she is asserting that I am trying to manipulate her into.

I can wait to hear what this is........
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
Better to have let my post speak for you.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:41:22