Peanut's book collection?

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:00 pm
I recently acquired a collection of Peanuts books, by Charles Schulz, for free; about 65 books, in pretty good condition, that I'm looking to get rid of. But I don't know how to go about valuing them, other than buying a pricing guide for 25 or 30 bucks. I've done a little research on eBay but it hasn't been all that conclusive.

Does anyone have any experience with Peanuts collectibles, books especially?? Or know anyone who does or anywhere on the web that might help? Anyone think I should keep 'em as an investment?

Cycloptichorn

View best answer, chosen by Cycloptichorn
jcboy

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You need to PM Jgoldman10, he’s an expert on comic books. J/K, not sure but I’m interested in what others have to say. I have a box full of comic books that belonged to my father, stored in my garage.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 09:09 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
You need to PM Jgoldman10, he’s an expert on comic books.

Lol, you fkr

Cycloptichorn
Green Witch
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 09:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Unless they are first edition, signed or some how rare they probably will not be worth much, but I suggest you look at Abe Books for pricing:
http://www.abebooks.com/
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 02:34 pm
@Green Witch,
You probably got a bullseye with this one Green Witch. And pretty good condition isn't going to cut it in terms of the set value.

As an investment? I doubt they'll be worth any fortune. You should either keep them, read them, and pass them on as cultural heirlooms or donate them to a local library for resale or use in the library.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 02:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Another option is to contact your local Auction house. They'll typically have people on call that can glance at and value all manner of items.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 03:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I would attempt to donate them to a children's library.

they would be worth more that way...
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 04:00 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I would attempt to donate them to a children's library.

they would be worth more that way...

That's not a bad idea, though on the other hand, I have new electronic equipment I want that the wife claims 'wasn't budgeted for' this year. It's hard for me to argue with her as she's essentially right. So, I'm turning to my extensive collection of random crap for a revenue stream.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 04:00 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Unless they are first edition, signed or some how rare they probably will not be worth much, but I suggest you look at Abe Books for pricing:
http://www.abebooks.com/

You are the winner!

Some are first editions, so I'll check and see. I don't really expect the whole lot of them to be worth more than 50 or 100 bucks.

Cycloptichorn
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 04:11 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You could be happily surprised.

When hamburgboy recently auctioned (online through a vendor) off most of the contents of his house, one of the job lots included three of my old comic books. The auction ad described two of them - a Tom&Jerry and a Bob Hope comic - 1964 - with random kiddie scribbles on the front cover . The lot got $17. It was a very pleasant surprise.
0 Replies