• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,234 • Replies: 15
No top replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:33 pm
@GracieGirl,
Harry Potter, hands down.

Harry Potter is about being yourself, doing the best you can no matter what. Overcoming the odds, even when you're at rock bottom, fighting for what's right and using all your potential for the best outcome.

Twilight is about the importance of having a boyfriend.
djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:38 pm
@GracieGirl,
i'm way outside the demographic for both, i loved Potter, but couldn't get into Twilight (even the movies i've never seen an entire one)

i did enjoy the The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and i also quite liked The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:43 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Your right about Harry Potter but Twilight is awesome too! It's a beautiful love story. Bella makes me sick though. She's soo weak. (baby barf) HaHa! I only like her after she turns into a vampire. Very Happy
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:45 pm
@djjd62,
You're not missing much from the movies. They suck! Harry Potter movies are awesome but the Twilight ones will have you disappointed. I just pray that breaking dawn is better! Haha! Smile
djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:48 pm
@GracieGirl,
i also enjoyed the Potter audio books read by british actor Stephen Fry
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:02 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i also enjoyed the Potter audio books read by british actor Stephen Fry

He's a national treasure.
djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:07 pm
@izzythepush,
he should be an international treasure
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:20 pm
@GracieGirl,
That's all Twilight is though, a love story. That's the problem with Twilight. It's basically the girl every girl wants to be, the outcast that a vampire and a werewolf love. It's a fantasy really, but that's all it is, it has no depth.

If girls really need their fill of love, there are a few stories within Harry Potter that have this. Harry's crush on Cho, then marriage with Ginny at the end. Snape died thinking of Lily, and whispered the same thing she did before she died because he was in love with her. There's this, then the battle against evil, stories of friendship, morals that even the darkest of humans have some light in them. Such as Lucius Malfoy, he was a cruel person, a Death Eater that treated his family and others terribly, yet in the books he smiles when Snape joins Slytherin and protects him against the bullies. Even the littlest things in Harry Potter show much more than just a love story that can be seen as "cute".
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:29 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
I thought the main difference was that Harry knew how to play THE GAME.
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:30 pm
@izzythepush,
You can go to hell. You can go to hell and you can die.
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:43 pm
@djjd62,
Oh. I don't listen to audiobooks
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:43 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Shouldn't you die, and then go to Hell? It can't be too bad, I've been to Leeds.
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Looks like part one has already happened then.
0 Replies

Ben Smith

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 06:15 pm
@GracieGirl,
Twilight is basically aimed at young teenage girls, it's all about the "heart throb" Robert Pattinson, (ugly git).
So I've no interest in it, nor did I get caught up in the Harry Potter frenzy, but of the two I would say the latter is by far the best.
Of the vampire movies I've seen recently (bearing in mind the age group) I would say "Cirque du freak the vampire's assistant" and "Let me in" were pretty good and in the spells and witches department I really liked "Stardust", thought that was very good, great cast too.
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 06:23 pm
@Ben Smith,
I saw Let Me In. It was okay but I thought it would be scarier though.
Robert Pattinson is kinda ugly but I like his personality though and I like his accent. Very Happy
0 Replies