"Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 01:48 pm
Anybody read it...or any of the other three books of the series?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,666 • Replies: 13
No top replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 01:54 pm
Nope, but I was dragged to the movie (vampires that sparkle in the sun, WTF?). Actually I'm surprised that you read it, but I'll admit that I thought about it to see what the fuss was about, until I saw the movie.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 02:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's a great hit with most teenagers, Frank. My daughter (13) and her friends
read all 4 books and couldn't wait for the movie to come out. There is a serious of books from Stephanie Meyer - Twilight is the first one to read. I guess it's similar to the Harry Potter books, except Meyer rights for an older teenage reader.

Not to say, it wouldn't be appropriate for adults to read it too! Very Happy
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 02:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
My 26 year old daughter has read all the books. She told me that the series appeals to young women who have outgrown the Harry Potter series.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 02:27 pm
Yes. Vampires with the sexy and lethal moral dilemma to either cherish or slaughter the object of their affection.

Isn't that every girls dream to be so loved?

T
K
O
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 02:35 pm
Very girly...and with almost pre-adolescent romance...but with some interesting sidebars.

A young woman who works with my wife got me into the series...and I do damn near anything she asks, because she is a major league hottie. She's the young woman who got me into watching Dancing With The Stars...and So You Think You Can Dance...both reasonably enjoyable shows. (I have Nancy Tivo them...and then fast forward through in fifteen minutes...and write a critique which is a huge hit with the girls at her work. Not only is Holly, the young woman I mentioned above a hottie...the three others in her office are all fabulous also. I've stumbled into an Eden!)

Anyway, there are several aspects of the books that seem worthwhile (if you can work your way through the pre-adolescent romance stuff)...and I was just wondering if anybody here felt the same way.

I'll keep monitoring.
jespah

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 03:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I love the books. All of them.

Haven't read any of 'em. But they do keep me employed.
djjd62

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 03:55 pm
i have them as audio books, haven't listened to them yet

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 08:04 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
I love the books. All of them.

Haven't read any of 'em. But they do keep me employed.

LOL!
jespah

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 09:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
They do; I work for the publisher of the Meyer books (and publisher of a lot of other stuff as well, of course).
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 09:27 pm
I picked up the first one while on vacation because I kept seeing them everywhere. I burned through all 4 of them in about 3 days, I couldn't put them down. Loved them!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 10:38 pm
Read them. All of them.
Didn't love the first, thought it slow.
But I thought the fourth rocked and was a bit pissed to think that was the last. (just when the characters got really interesting)
Then heard that she had planned another but that someone managed to get a rough draft online. Thus halting the whole thing....
http://stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
emmalaine

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 02:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If I'm going to be completely honest I fell in love with the books.
They were brilliantly written. Packed with detail. They are a brilliant way of escaping the real world and being engulfed by the fantasies of Vampires, werewolves and gorgeous, strong men. Perfect for a girl of sixteen with a wild imagination!
(:

edit: unfortunately I watched the film before reading the books, which very nearly put me off the film. I wasn't happy to find that had skipped out some, unimportant yet, interesting details that were in the book (i wont give them away in case someone is waiting to read them). The only thing that kept me hooked to the film is the wonder that is Robert Pattinson.
0 Replies

emmalaine

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 02:06 pm
@caribou,
That's just the first book 'Twilight' but in Edward Cullens point of view.
(:
0 Replies