Why do you follow a genocidal God?

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 09:38 am

Bible God, the un-knowable one, has been described in scriptures by someone claiming to know much of the un-knowable God. How the un-knowable can be know has yet to shown. On reading scriptures, some have concluded that Bible God is quite immoral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK1DbcIbHt4&playnext=1&list=PLC76727A34E740D99

I tend to agree based on moral reasons and would like to keep the discussion on morality without going into whether God is real or not. Something that we cannot prove. We can prove though whether we think Bible God acted morally or not.

The first followers of Bible God, the Jews, also seem to agree with Dawkins and myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

Genocide, or attempted genocide is considered by most to be a low moral position.

Followers of a Hitler or Stalin, who would try to justify their genocidal actions, would not be well received by most of us.

Why then do you think that we should join you in following a God who takes the moral low ground of genocide instead of doing the right moral thing and curing instead of killing those he thinks defective?

As a religionist myself, I can understand seeking God but why would we want to seek, or follow a genocidal one?

What attracts you to a genocidal God?
Is it just that might makes right?

We are to emulate God.
Does that mean that you too would use genocide as a form of what most believers think of as good justice?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 605 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Fido

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 01:53 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Bible God, the un-knowable one, has been described in scriptures by someone claiming to know much of the un-knowable God. How the un-knowable can be know has yet to shown. On reading scriptures, some have concluded that Bible God is quite immoral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK1DbcIbHt4&playnext=1&list=PLC76727A34E740D99

I tend to agree based on moral reasons and would like to keep the discussion on morality without going into whether God is real or not. Something that we cannot prove. We can prove though whether we think Bible God acted morally or not.

The first followers of Bible God, the Jews, also seem to agree with Dawkins and myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

Genocide, or attempted genocide is considered by most to be a low moral position.

Followers of a Hitler or Stalin, who would try to justify their genocidal actions, would not be well received by most of us.

Why then do you think that we should join you in following a God who takes the moral low ground of genocide instead of doing the right moral thing and curing instead of killing those he thinks defective?

As a religionist myself, I can understand seeking God but why would we want to seek, or follow a genocidal one?

What attracts you to a genocidal God?
Is it just that might makes right?

We are to emulate God.
Does that mean that you too would use genocide as a form of what most believers think of as good justice?

Regards
DL
The God of the jews was moral for them, and supported their morality... Their God justifies all they do in defense of self or out of the desire to make progress in relation to others... Try to remember that morality is community, and the God of the Jews is not a God for everyone... That the Jews think they are the chosen people means they think they have the right to do as they do, what ever they do... And if what they do is not good for their community it is not moral...
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 10:58 am
@Fido,
What you said does seems to be true, I seen it expressed in this video! Have you ever studied any of Albert Bartlett's work?
The landscape throughout this video is probably the best I have ever seen!

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 11:41 am
@Greatest I am,
Great thread and great videos. The sad thing is the only people's attention you get are those who question things and not the ones that do not! Sheep are followers of religion and have been taught from a very early age not to give attention to those who question God!
0 Replies