Sun rising from North East?

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 07:21 am
Dear Sir,
Recently people have been claiming that sun is now arising from North East instead of East, changing its direction. Religious implication is being claimed.
http://www.youtube.com/wat​ch?v=GjEpOy1ftQw&feature=g​rec_index

Kindly give your opinion regarding this situation.

Regards.

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 08:31 am
@razimuhammad,
Depending upon in which hemisphere one lives, and what season of the year it is, the sun will certainly appear to "rise" in the northeast. The axis of the earth is tilted 23 and a half degrees--the further you are from the equator, the more noticeable the effect.

Keep in mind that the sun does not rise. The earth spins, and, relative to the earth, the sun is stationary (although it does rotate on its own axis). Religious implications be damned. Ignorance knows no bounds, especially when it comes to religious mumbo-jumbo.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 08:38 am
@Setanta,
Additionally, I've noticed that the sun is setting in North West.

I think, we should spread this on facebook ...

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 08:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Twitter, too . . .

The sky is falling, the sky is falling ! ! !

-- C. Little
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 08:48 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You're all wrong!! The sun is setting south by south-south! I have seen it when my orange sourbet set out of my ice cream cone and onto the curb in a southerly direction!
raprap

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:00 am
gotcha
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:26 am
@tsarstepan,
Join a different facebook group!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:58 am
you know what's weird, if i go out my front door in the morning the sun is coming up on my left, but if i go out the back door, it's coming up on my right

and few days ago i left the house by the front door and as usual the sun was coming up on my left, but when i returned later in the evening and went into the house by the front door, the sun was setting on my left

i'm scared
JPB

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:59 am
@djjd62,
You're going out the wrong door.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:30 am
Now that you mention it, the last few days the moon seems to be getting rounder. Just last week it wasn't shaped like that at all.
roger

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 01:54 pm
@wayne,
Not only that, when it's really round, it rises at sunset. Otherwise, it varies. Weird, huh?
wayne

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:04 pm
@roger,
I've even seen it during the daylight hours at times, what could this possibly mean?
Could we possibly be seeing the sun at night in the near future?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:23 pm
@wayne,
I've read a report that the sun set in Fairbanks, Alaska, on June 21 this year at 12:47 a.m. !!!
satt fs

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 02:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It is somewhat a surprise to know that the phenomenon of the sun rising from north east now-a-days be the global one wherever the sun rises at all.
roger

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 03:19 am
@satt fs,
It's happening everywhere, isn't it?

Hey satt, where you been? We've missed you, and Rosborne mentioned you in some context just a few days ago.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 10:02 am
@satt fs,
Hi satt! Wink
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:10 pm
Walter Hinteler said:
Quote:

I've read a report that the sun set in Fairbanks, Alaska,

The sun does NOT set in Fairbanks, Alaska. I know, because I've been living in Cambridge, MA, for forty years now, and I've watched the sun set in Watertown, west of us, for all those years. Though it's really strange, because the people in
Watertown maintain that it sets in Newton, to the west of them, rather than in Watertown, but it definitely sets in Massachusetts somewhere.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
I think, Adolphus Busch said/wrote something similar to your above response.

Edit: no, that what I remember was about the boozer's sun, I think ...
0 Replies

blind chickens

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 07:33 am
@razimuhammad,
the only ignorant people here are the ones that do not notice the change and laugh at the ones that do notice it
0 Replies

blind chickens

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 07:36 am
@razimuhammad,
religious or not the sun is rising farther north east then it ever has in my 42 years on earth , its funny how ignorant many people are when you mention it