• Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,580 • Replies: 13

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:43 pm
why?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 01:10 pm
I mean, really... Every church in the world is convinced it's the true church. Why do you think this one is different than the other three million churches that think they're the true church? Why do you even think there's such a thing as a true church?
fresco

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 01:46 pm
@JPhil,
Just checked it out !

Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 05:59 pm
Now that's pretty damned hilarious . . . AND YOU'RE ALL GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL ! ! !
0 Replies

JPhil

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
Just wanted to hear your thoughts. Well it seems they got it right. They're the only one I've seen so far that's just about against every church and ideology, and have backed it up by scripture.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:59 pm
@JPhil,
You talking about catholics?
Krumple

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:40 pm
@JPhil,
I think it is funny when a certain church tries to use the bible to defend themselves as if no other churches are doing the same thing.

For me it is quite simple. If there is a god, and that god is willing to allow or let a being he created to suffer for eternity over a finite decision, then that god is not even worthy of being called a god. I would not want anything to do with that god if that is the case. It does not matter to me if you try to spin it that god doesn't send people to hell, they send themselves. That is a nonsensical argument. It implies that god had no hand in the creation of hell and that he can't do anything to prevent you from ending up there. But that contradicts everything they try to claim that god is.

So all of these christians who yell hell fire at me, means nothing. To me I translate it to, "Quit giving your old church money and give us money instead."
JPhil

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 09:54 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
I think it is funny when a certain church tries to use the bible to defend themselves as if no other churches are doing the same thing.

Yeah you're right and their evil for doing so, no one should use the bible for their own purposes except for God's sake.
Quote:
For me it is quite simple. If there is a god, and that god is willing to allow or let a being he created to suffer for eternity over a finite decision, then that god is not even worthy of being called a god. I would not want anything to do with that god if that is the case. It does not matter to me if you try to spin it that god doesn't send people to hell, they send themselves. That is a nonsensical argument. It implies that god had no hand in the creation of hell and that he can't do anything to prevent you from ending up there. But that contradicts everything they try to claim that god is.

I see your point, but it doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says, God can do what he wants. For example: If God made two different planets such as the earth we have now and another planet say Mars. Say both have inhabitants. And the inhabitants on Earth can only reproduce with a man and woman but on Mars there are only women thus reproduction must be done between two women. God can find it evil on Earth for the same sex to reproduce but not on Mars. This is not beyond possibility, because God can do what he wants.
Whether if you believe, trust God, have faith, are evil, good, angel or demon, God will do what he wants regardless of our existence. And you're right it is nonsensical for people to say God doesn't send people to hell, he created hell for people to go there. And he creates the good and evil so that the evil can go to hell, heck that's there reason for existence. Some people may find this hard to swallow but given that God can do what he wants, it's the truth. Furthermore, our idea of God today is stupefied, how can the prevailing ideology of God be that he only created good not evil? Plain stupid. But as I said God does what he wants.
JPhil

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 09:55 pm
@ossobuco,
They do talk about catholics on the site.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 11:32 pm
@JPhil,
JPhil wrote:
But as I said God does what he wants.

If that is the case, then he is subject to my own perception of right and wrong. If I do not agree with it then it doesn't do anything to him but why should I abandon my personal perspective on right and wrong just because he is allowed to do what ever he wants? I don't give any respect to a being just because they are allowed to do what ever the hell they want to.

I'll say it again. Just because a god wants to torture a being that it created because of a finite decision it doesn't make that god worthy of being obedient or respectful to.

Here is another aspect. The story about the fall of lucifer for example. He gets branded as being evil but from my perspective maybe he was objecting to how god treats humanity in general. Think about it. Gods most favorite of angels objecting to how god is treating moral beings? To me that sounds far more reasonable if like you said, god does what ever the hell he wants to. An angle who objects to gods cruel treatment of mortal beings would reject god. But he gets branded as being evil. I wouldn't call that worthy of being evil any more than I would object to any being who would gladly allow beings to be tortured over some decision they made.

I of course don't believe in either one. I think god is just a made up concept that people use to either control or condemn people they don't agree with. It really has no basis in reality and I am completely fine with being wrong with that and if I get punished for it, then that god is not even worthy of my admiration nor respect.
JPhil

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 03:39 pm
@Krumple,
Wow! I understand your view and you're right it is cruel. Heck God could have prepared Satan for his job, then will throw him in hell with all who follow him. But it doesn't matter how it happened. If our very existence relies on this one being then our agreeing or disagreeing with him won't change the way he thinks, he shall still do what he likes. Even if God were evil and all our values were of a different kind, such that evil were good. Then the same concept would apply to all things that exist: Live and try to be happy.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 05:36 pm
The word "Church" does not refer to a building or a certain group of people. We the people, ALL of the people on this planet, are God's church. So, a true church is, what?

Humanity made up the rest of the shite.
JPhil

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 12:42 am
@Pemerson,
Hm..I see were you're going but ALL the people on the earth are a certain group of people. Since God wants a church without a spot or wrinkle it must be that the true church is this kind of church.
0 Replies