great gifts for 12 year old boyfriend?

ksenia

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:39 am
what are some good gifts for a 12 year old boyfriend? we have only been dating for 1 month,and his birthday is coming up soon! so i need to buy him a gift! he loves soccer,basketball,funny movies like dinner for schmucks,and in all he's a pretty funny dude!<3 because my parents do not approve of us dating at 12 years old(were dating secretly). My price range is pretty low because of course my parents won't pitch in for the gift! so i can only spend 20 dollars TOPS. Please give me good ideas, i've only known this guy for a year but it seems like a lifetime! thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 16 • Views: 43,756 • Replies: 54

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:41 am
Movie passes or gift certificate to your local video store.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:01 am
@ksenia,
So, when you act against your parents' wishes, will you still expect them to bail you out when you find yourself in trouble?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 09:14 am
She uses the word "dates" but it means spending time with each other.

WHY don't your parents like you spending time with him?

If you want to buy a friend - any friend - a BD present with your own money, your parents don't have to "approve." It's your money.

But there must be a reason they don't want you to see this fellow. What is it?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 10:00 am
@ksenia,
ksenia wrote:
so i need to buy him a gift! !

have you been invited to spend time with him and his family on his birthday?
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 11:13 am
@ehBeth,
and why would you expect your parents to pitch in on a gift you're giving to someone anyway?
Mame

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:45 pm
@chai2,
Well, they're both 12 Smile
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:48 pm
@Mame,
So?

What 12 year old would expect to get an expensive present if another 12 year old was buying it?

I think she said she had 20 clams. That should be enough.
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:52 pm
@chai2,
In my day, if I wanted to give another 12 year old a gift, I would just churn an extra pound of butter and give them that.

Either that, or knit them a nice ascot.
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:00 pm
@chai2,
One year, I gave a boy I fancied a side of bacon from a sow I'd raised, that was no longer breeding well.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:03 pm
@chai2,
My point was about 12 yr old expectations that parents would kick in... although if she knows her parents disapprove, that isn't even an option. 12 yr olds can be awfully naive.

Hopefully she'll have thought of something by the time the day arrives.

I was heading the first 'garage sale' in my area when I was 9, selling homemade cookies and candies when I was 10, and babysitting four kids, aged 6 months to 6 yrs, when I was 11. No time for a boyfriend!
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:06 pm
@Mame,
When I was 9, I was collecting lint, and turning it in at the textile factory.

I got 79 cents a ton.
Mame

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:10 pm
@chai2,
I was walking several miles to school and back by myself in the snow when I was in kindergarten. Then there was a janitors' strike and we had to make the same trek at lunchtime.
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:17 pm
@Mame,
You had janitors?

Well excuse me Miss La-Dee-Dah.

Wait...what do janitors have to do with lunch time?

Did they make your lunch or something?
Did you not want to be a scab and clean toilets during your lunch break?

I see, solidarity with the janitors.
Mame

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:21 pm
@chai2,
It is a well-known fact that, in Canada, five yr olds do not have to scrub toilets during their lunch hour. And as for janitors, someone has to pick up all the marbles and baseball cards after recess, and that's their damn job.

By the way, I was reading to neighbourhood kids at age 4 for 10 cents an hour. I saved up and bought my mother a wringer washer before I hit kindergarten.
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:22 pm
@chai2,
When I was 12 the janitor at my school could have died and been in the basement for 3 months, and I wouldn't have even known it.

The only time I ever saw him was when he had to come and throw that chemical stuff on some kids vomit.

What the hell was that stuff? It sure didn't help the vomit smell.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:23 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

By the way, I was reading to neighbourhood kids at age 4 for 10 cents an hour. I saved up and bought my mother a wringer washer before I hit kindergarten.

You were a good daughter mame.
Mame

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:24 pm
@chai2,
I like to think so.
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:34 pm
@Mame,
So Canadian kids don't have to pick up their own stuff in the playground?
Mame

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:48 pm
@chai2,
Sure they do, but even though 5 yr olds can walk miles in the snow and buy their parents appliances, they forget stuff sometimes.

Did you get all that lint from the dryer or was some of it from your bellybutton? (And if so, how much?)
0 Replies