BELIEVERS IN CHRIST ONLY :)

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 02:25 am
Psalms 1 vs 1 and 2 speak of the happy man, whose delight is in Gods word, reading it in an undertone day and night. You should perhaps seek comfort there. For me, The psalms of David are often a great source of comfort as he himself suffered periods of self doubt and depression. You will be able to read how overcame it, how he built his relationship with God, and drew his strength from prayer.

Pray first, Read Gods word, meditate on its message and act on what you learn. That is the key to happiness

If I could advise you one thing from experience, We are our own worst judge, so when we seek happiness for and from within ourselves, we often fail, and merely end up showering ourselves in critique.
Rather, seek to see good in others, tell them what you see. Practice smiling, the response is immense, and lifts you up, you dont have to join a save the world group or build homes for the homeless (although these are great goals) start small. If you have older ones in your church for instance, seek to assist them in some way, take them a meal or ask if they need any help or just company. Just seek small steps that will help you to see that upbuilding those around you, is the best way to upbuild yourself.

Look after many people, and perhaps some will look after you
Look after yourself, and you are alone.

"You reap what you sow" - Jesus 30-33 C.E
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 10:13 am
When I first saw this thread, I did not realize it was so old. Hopefully the things posted will bring comfort to some.

After David's sin with Bathsheba was exposed, he composed Psalm 51. I have often taken comfort in vs 16-17.

I didn't quote BTW, because I believe comfort can be found in leafing through the pages of the Bible.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2013 06:41 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
dancerdoll wrote.

Quote:
This forum is for Christians.I am in a depression type state and I would like to talk to fellow believers. Smile If you are here to judge me or my beliefs I am asking you kindly not to.I don't want people telling me my beliefs are wrong (because I can already see that coming.) .I would just like to talk to fellow Christians about Christ. Thanks! Smile

I am an atheist Christian and I can only guess that you have never met one.

Yes I love the moral philosophy that Jesus shared but yet I do not believe in a God. I still find value in the moral philosophy that Jesus teached.

Quote:
Keep praying, and constantly asking Jesus to take away that depressive state of mind...Pry in the name of Jesus Christ...

Find just one person who you can trust no matter what...And discuss the things on your mind as often as you both can...

Even though I do not believe in prayer I do believe in you Spades so I will do as you ask and I will be sincere in my asking just as I was when I was a believer.

I hope that my prayer will be answered. Smile

Please in the name of Jesus let Spades brother be well and please forgive me for any transgressions that I may have done, "amen.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2013 06:46 pm
@dancerdoll,
Quote:
Yes, I am and yes I would. ...Well, nothing in life seems to be going the way I want it to. I feel like no one cares. I have lost interest in many things I used to love. I feel like laying around all day and doing nothing because I feel I cant do anything right...Thanks for asking!

I hope that you are well but I am sad that I am late to your reply but I do hope you are well.
0 Replies