BELIEVERS IN CHRIST ONLY :)

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2011 04:01 am
This forum is for Christians.I am in a depression type state and I would like to talk to fellow believers. Smile If you are here to judge me or my beliefs I am asking you kindly not to.I don't want people telling me my beliefs are wrong (because I can already see that coming.) .I would just like to talk to fellow Christians about Christ. Thanks! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,646 • Replies: 23
No top replies

melonkali

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 11:54 pm
@dancerdoll,
What, more specifically, would you care to discuss? I'm neither expert nor saint, but I am Christian, and that faith has sustained me through some pretty rough seas in this life. rebecca
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 12:36 am
Yeah, what do you want to talk about?
0 Replies

dancerdoll

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:29 pm
@dancerdoll,
I would like to talk about our Lord Smile anything.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 06:03 am
Okay, I'll offer this: I am considering finally breaking down and watching The Passion of the Christ movie. Some have told me that watching it is a faith-enhancing event. I have resisted watching it in the past because I felt it was simply more of Mel Gibson's gory sensationalism...
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:34 pm
@snood,
Well, it was a very gory event in fact.
snood

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 09:18 pm
@chai2,
Granted. But an event in itself cannot account for the storyteller's intent or personal point of view, and Gibson has shown a tendency in his work to lean toward the spectacularly gruesome as opposed to the thoughtfully, historically accurate. In any case, my point was to say that I am considering watching it as a possible faith-enhancing tool, and in the process of that consideration naturally acknowledged who fashioned the particular re-telling of the story.

dancerdoll

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 08:58 pm
@snood,
I really think you should watch it. Every Christian should. If you do watch it we can talk about it. Smile
Questioner

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 09:14 pm
@dancerdoll,
You mentioned you were in a depressed state. Want to talk about that at all?
dancerdoll

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 09:18 pm
@Questioner,
Yes, I am and yes I would. ...Well, nothing in life seems to be going the way I want it to. I feel like no one cares. I have lost interest in many things I used to love. I feel like laying around all day and doing nothing because I feel I cant do anything right...Thanks for asking!
Questioner

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 09:31 pm
@dancerdoll,
The feeling that you can't do anything right is a common one, and it's absolutely a lie. From a Christian perspective, prayer and meditatation helps. I don't have my bible handy, but find the passages about being made in God's image and Luke 12:7. Regardless of what you think, you're important.

From a medical standpoint, check with your doctor or a counsellor and see if they think anti-depressants might help.
dancerdoll

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 11:10 pm
@Questioner,
Thank You !
0 Replies

truth4u

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:07 am
It is difficult when you feel down to focus on doing or thinking about other things or people; but, if you try very hard to look for and think of ways to help others, then, help them in little ways as you are able, it will make you feel better about yourself. The Bible says, "I have always shown you that you must work hard, as I have. You must help those who cannot work. By so doing you are remembering the words of the Lord Jesus. He said, "It makes you more happy to give something than to get something." ' Acts 20:35 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE) I also cut out a quote by Aaron Wildavsky many many years ago, and I keep it taped to my computer, so I can read it from time to time. He said, "Self-esteem cannot be sought as an end in itself but must come as a byproduct of meeting standards of excellence----taking pride in work, supporting a family, bringing up decent children, learning about life and imparting that widsom."
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 06:51 am
Helping others can REALLY make you feel good about yourself- just start volunteering at something you think you might like to contribute to or simply try sharing your time, your talent, a smile, etc. with others. Stepping outside of the routine and trying something new (take an art class, continue your education, join literacy volunteers, become a geocacher, etc.) can also help you find out a little about yourself and perhaps find new friends who share common interests.
The book Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren is a good book to read to help recharge your faith.
We all get in the doldrums sometimes. If this slump continues for an extrmely long time then you may need to consider that there is the possibility that there is an imbalance in your system (maybe you're not getting enough iron) or a physical problem that needs professional help.
I find that helping others works best for me.
0 Replies

Greatknight

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 04:38 pm
@dancerdoll,
Hello,
I am a believer. I believe he is a prophet. Can i come here or just go ?(don't worry i am not fan of troubles)
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 03:50 am
@dancerdoll,
Keep praying, and constantly asking Jesus to take away that depressive state of mind...Pry in the name of Jesus Christ...

Find just one person who you can trust no matter what...And discuss the things on your mind as often as you both can...
IsmailaGodHasHeard

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 11:22 pm
@dancerdoll,
Have you been tested for thyroid problems, diabetes, or other medical conditions that can cause depression?
0 Replies

Kristian James

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 02:58 pm
Sorry to hear that you're down, though time may feel like it drags by to you right now, I can assure you that when you return from here you will understand just how miniscule a lifetime here is when compared our "real lifetimes" and just how quickly it races by. I know it sounds hard to believe, but the moments you spoke of which you remembered all at once are very real and far more common than one might think, everybody has their "moments of clarity" but unfortunately very few manage to recall them until much later in life or aren't allowed to acknowledge them anyway. This seems unusual to one now, but you will understand the need for this one day. I know depression is no fun, and the way we're built we absorb everything we see and even some we don't see, so it can be a slippery slope. I would recommend trying to surround yourself with the things and people which make you happy, those which make you smile, and distance yourself from those which drag you down. That same trait which allows us to absorb the energies around us makes it that much easier to come out of depression as well once we understand how to use it. Try to live "in the moment," don't dwell on the past, don't worry about the future, just try and enjoy what currently surrounds you, it can make it a little easier.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 01:04 am
@dancerdoll,
Please, Please, Please everyone say a special intention prayer for my brother...he is very ill right now...thank you all very very much!!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2013 11:50 pm
We could start by mentioning some places in the Hebrew Scriptures where he was mentioned or referred to.
How about Genesis 3:15?
Also, Who is speaking at Proverbs 8:22?
Might give you some satisfying things to ponder. There's a lot more, of course. I'm sure others could add.
0 Replies