Not really for the TINFOILHAT-Brigade

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 08:23 am
... but almost! Some people seem to have waaay to much time!

Man's Apartment Encased in Aluminum Foil
Thu Jan 8, 2:18 PM ET Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

Have you ever pulled a largescale prank like this? Share it with us, please!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 906 • Replies: 16
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:03 am
Ummm... not on this scale I haven't.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:10 am
This reminds me of a prank a bunch of us art students pulled in college in the '70s. We were all reading Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" at the time. We decided to transform the forested lawn outside the art building into a mallorn forest. (Silver trees with gold leaves.) It was autumn, so the leaves were already yellow-gold. All we had to do was wrap all the tree trunks & branches in aluminum foil. It took us a whole weekend, but it caused quite a stir!

Of course, we didn't think of it as a prank. We thought it was Art.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:21 am
Yeah, right, Art...

Still good though!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:41 am
I looooooooooooove "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends." (Penn and Teller.)

This is a great prank! Love the detail. (TOILET PAPER? Wow.)

Hope that guy comes up with some good revenge...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:53 am
What amazed me was the fact that they had wasted $100 on something like this, and gone through the boredom of encasing everything... on a whim! So I'd agree with Bigdice's conclusion that people have too much time on their hands; is having too much time not why EVERYTHING happens?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:02 am
I forgot; being an Arts student myself (but on the more pragmatic Languages side,) I was involved in a few of these 'large-scale' pranks; but mostly, I just rallied the troops and watched them doing it. Once, my friends took off the carpet in a friend's room and attached it to the floor, and painted the floor like a ceiling, to disorientate the drunken flatmate. I didn't take part in that one; it sounded like too much toil... plus, anything with DIY involved did not suit me.

I did, however, have an inspired rôle in a huge prank some while ago; a friend and I were protesting against McDonalds' treatment of employees, and what started off as a serious campaign ended up at 3 am in fancy dress for three Saturdays in a row, plastering psychotic pictures of a bland ex-schoolmate with the words 'The Messiah cometh' all over McDonalds, so that one could see nothing but a row of deranged looking ________ _____s. It was amusing at the time! Very Happy

0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:29 am
I'm not really a prankster...I don't pull any kind of jokes on anyone that I wouldn't want done to myself.

This guy could save a lot on his electric bill...turn one light on and the whole place is lit up.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 02:43 pm
True, colorbook. But he can never use his microwave again!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 02:57 pm
...or he could have one large tanning booth.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 04:13 pm
One time when my cousin and I were teenagers we were on vacation here in Canada (we lived in Mass at the time) we were staying at our cousins house and one day my cousin said something in front of my other cousins that embarrassed me, so I went in our room, opened her bag and pulled out a box of maxi pads which I pulled all the strips off and stuck them all over the room. They were everywhere. I then went and got my other 4 cousins together in the room where we waited for my other cousin to come look for us. The look on her face was priceless. She was pissed, lol.

I can also remember another time when we were teens when myself, my brother and 2 cousins (one of them being miss maxi pad) were at McDonalds back in the days you could smoke in there. There was a picture on the wall, so we decided to light a cigarette before we left, dip the filter in an apple pie filling and stick it to the picture. We laughed our heads off as we walked out of there looking back to see the smoking picture.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 06:54 pm
This is not nearly as large but, when I was a kid, a teen actually, we had a really nasty guy in the neighbourhood. He would shout at you if you walked on his grass, call the police at the drop of the hat kinda guy. If he saw you crossing the street, he wouldn't slow down and then he'd yell at you to get out of the way....
Anyway, my friends and I, 15 kids, all snuck out one night and turned his car, a little datsun, upside down. A week later, we picked it up and turned it sideways in the drive way, it was a tight squeeze. A week later, we put it on his picnic table.
A month later, we put it in the center of the road, sideways, between two parked cars.

He moved soon after that. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 07:36 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:05 pm
Ceili wrote:

GOOD!!! Cool
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 05:15 am
There are some priceless pranks here: most of which are deserved. I can imagine the maxi-pad walls, Montana Laughing.

Ceili wrote:
This is not nearly as large but, when I was a kid, a teen actually, we had a really nasty guy in the neighbourhood... [we] turned his car, a little datsun, upside down. A week later, we picked it up and turned it sideways in the drive way, it was a tight squeeze. A week later, we put it on his picnic table.
A month later, we put it in the center of the road, sideways, between two parked cars.

Do you think that he moved because of you lot, Ceili?

This reminds me of that scene in the movie Amélie; when younger, a similar neighbour tells Amélie that her camera makes accidents; and that night, a 747 crash and two rail derailments are on the news. When she realises that he, the neighbour, has been lying to her, she goes up onto the roof with a radio switched onto a football match that the neighbour is watching... whenever it seems like someone could score, she takes the Aerial out, causing him to fume...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 05:26 am
When I was in the Air Force we moved one guys entire room into the bathroom. Looked exactly the same except for the surroundings.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 10:38 am
That's good, Wilso.

I once had a boss who never spent any money on his own office, but had everyone else's redecorated. One of us had some extra money left in his budget at year-end, so when the boss went on vacation, we re-carpeted his office. (Changed the color, too...from worn-out turquoise to caramel.) We moved every single thing out of his office & back in in exactly the same position...right down to paper clips in exactly the same place on his desk. Took pictures first to make sure. When he returned, it took him 30 minutes to figure out what the new carpet smell was and notice it! We got SUCH a good laugh!
0 Replies