Have you wished to live for 1000 years so you could learn how things turn out?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 05:14 pm
@Sturgis,
That's, nice, but BBB is eighty plus. Please gain some circumspection.
talk72000

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 08:11 pm
@manored,
Have you seen any dead person do anything? Let me know when you die what you did.
manored

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 10:49 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Have you seen any dead person do anything? Let me know when you die what you did.
No. I could see almost nothing of what they did then they were alive anyway, so it hardly matters.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:09 am
@ossobuco,
Sturgis wrote:

I'm aiming for 70, that'll be a decent span.

The thing is 1000 years wouldn't tell me how things are going to turn out because there's new stuff every day and I'd get greedy and want another 100o and then another 1000 after that just to find out what was happening to going to happen next. Consider the length of time the Earth has been and then realize you'd start wanting a million years.

ossobuco wrote:
That's, nice, but BBB is eighty plus. Please gain some circumspection.

First, the 7o is what I am aiming for. Me, myself, it isn't a random number which I am placing out there for others and obviously (to most) not what I am directing at people past the age of 70, AGAIN, I'm aiming for 70, for me that will be a decent span. It doesn't say that I wouldn't appreciate living past 70, it's a goal which when I view my health issues and the fact that neither parent lived to 70 is an age which I'd be thrilled to get to, if you or anyone else wants more, fine.

Second, I explained the 1000 year deal and why a mere 1000 wouldn't be enough. Consider that BBB wanted the 1000 due to curiosity and stated sadness that about (given the current life span of under 1000 years) being not around to learn how all is going to turn out. At the 1000 mark there'd be new things on the horizon and there'd be an equal curiosity as to what would happen in the next 1000 years.

Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:28 am
I probably indulge this desire by reading history. Sometimes if I'm reading a really good novel I think: I hope I don't drop dead before I finish because I want to know the ending. Otherwise the future is too vague and mysterious for me to even contemplate. I do not want to outlive my own independence, but that is not always much of a choice.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 11:34 am
@Sturgis,
Before you know it you will be 90. Mr. Green
0 Replies