Blood libels and pogroms...

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:03 am
The rationale for the Jewish state:

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-city-of-slaughter/?singlepage=true

Quote:

....The rampage in Kishinev, however, has assumed a kind of emblematic status owing to a celebrated poem, “The City of Slaughter,” by Israel’s national laureate, Chaim Nachman Bialik, who visited the town to prepare a report on the massacre. Few read the report today but the poem, over 400 lines long and filled with macabre detail and vehement denunciation, has become part of the Jewish archive, and is said to have contributed to strengthening the Zionist project and to the eventual formation of the paramilitary Hagannah in Mandate Palestine. Interested readers might be moved to consult Simon Dubnow’s History of the Jews in Russia and Poland and the essay collection Pogroms: Anti-Jewish Violence in Modern Russian History.....

I assume Tsar Peter would have had had the people responsible for Kishinev flogged to death. I mean, you'd assume that somebody doing pogroms as late as 1903 would be motivated by some outrage of the Rothschildes or something involving communism and not because they actually believed that Jews were cooking Christian children into matzas but, then, you read that the last person hanged for witchcraft in Ireland was around 1880 or thereabouts and you still have people like formerman here claiming to believe in evolutionism; ignorance apparently dies hard...

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,118 • Replies: 3
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:39 am
@gungasnake,
...and snakey continuously demonstrates the concept that popular sovereignty arises out of folks making like guinea chickens, fearful,flighty, and stupid..

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:53 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

The rationale for the Jewish state:

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-city-of-slaughter/?singlepage=true

Quote:

....The rampage in Kishinev, however, has assumed a kind of emblematic status owing to a celebrated poem, “The City of Slaughter,” by Israel’s national laureate, Chaim Nachman Bialik, who visited the town to prepare a report on the massacre. Few read the report today but the poem, over 400 lines long and filled with macabre detail and vehement denunciation, has become part of the Jewish archive, and is said to have contributed to strengthening the Zionist project and to the eventual formation of the paramilitary Hagannah in Mandate Palestine. Interested readers might be moved to consult Simon Dubnow’s History of the Jews in Russia and Poland and the essay collection Pogroms: Anti-Jewish Violence in Modern Russian History.....

I assume Tsar Peter would have had had the people responsible for Kishinev flogged to death. I mean, you'd assume that somebody doing pogroms as late as 1903 would be motivated by some outrage of the Rothschildes or something involving communism and not because they actually believed that Jews were cooking Christian children into matzas but, then, you read that the last person hanged for witchcraft in Ireland was around 1880 or thereabouts and you still have people like formerman here claiming to believe in evolutionism; ignorance apparently dies hard...

During the Dinkins administration (mayor) in NYC, there was a "riot" in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, due to a Black child getting run over during an ultra-orthodox funeral procession (of cars). Well, a visiting Yeshiva student from Australia was stabbed and died. Some of the Orthodox do refer to those days of rioting as a pogrom. My point is that just below the surface (of society) there can be some strong emotions waiting to boil over.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:38 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
My point is that just below the surface (of society) there can be some strong emotions waiting to boil over.

Apparently if you have enough ignorance you don't need racism or anything like that... The thing in Kishinev was motivated by feral newspapers as I read it and the thing you mentioned was the work of a criminal by the name of Al Sharpton, who is a sort of a new demoKKKrat icon. That is part of why I view the demoKKKrat party as a criminal enterprise.
0 Replies