Moving Horror Stories?

Mon 23 May, 2011 09:15 am
Has anyone had a particularly awful moving experience? What made it so terrible? I'd love to get some feedback.

Thanks!

farmerman

Mon 23 May, 2011 10:27 am
@AlliTiger,
sorry. Ive been moved by moving companies (national brands), twice in my life and both times these guys were professional and did an amazing job of packing and hauling. Once was a move of about 2000miles from Louisiana and the other time it was under 100 miles.
I dont like to use the small town movers cause they know you are a one time customer. In both cases my comapny payed and they had a working relationship with the moving company for hauling employees all over the country.
SO, no horror s from me. I was one satisfied customer.
They even arranged to move a car and a boat.
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 23 May, 2011 06:02 pm
I used Bekins when I moved from CA to Florida. They were great, the only thing that ticked me off was the price was 4,600.00 and I wanted to put it on my Amex for the points and they told me I could, well after they showed up with my furniture they wouldn’t take the Amex and I had to rush to the bank for a cashiers check before they would take anything off the truck.
0 Replies