A PARLOUR GAME: Which animal would I most like to be?

Sofia

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 01:13 am
dlowen--

Either you have some neat, trippy attributes (and love yourself a bit more than the rest of us can accept), or you have done this before. Anyhow, in my estimation, you will be pleased with your 'reading'.

What should I do? Wait a few days and then share the rationale here, or PM you with the goods on your id/ego?

PS! I forgot the color! And this sounds crazy--but pick your most favorite color and give three distinct reasons why that color moves you most or you identify with that color most.

I was sort of hoping a few more may share before I give it away.

PPS-- I was a little embarrassed at my level of self-appreciation, as well.

Mine were
1) deer
2) huge brown eyes; sensual, delicate form, noble
3) The Mediterranean--it is timeless, ancient; warm, inviting; a little rough.
4) The room-- I would be calm, but always looking for a door.
5) brown-- Because it signifies earth, where life grows; natural; strong (wood).
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 01:18 am
heya sofia, I like your new avatar... kinda reminds me of a... ah, forget it Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 02:15 am
I haven't done it before - and I like cats and the ocean better than I like me!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 06:44 am
so your a catfish dlowan ?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 06:53 am
I thought Beth was the catfish, from the picture...

Me? If I can't be a Seal, I ain't playin'
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 07:00 am
Surely you can be a seal!
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 08:54 am
porpoise -- fun loving, smart, able to interact with others, not afraid to take on a shark.

goshawk -- the largest of the accipiter family of hawks (woods hawks) fiercely protective of its territory, in that environment it could take on all comers. Even banders who band baby hawks in nests who normally wear no protection when climbing to a nest will wear a helmet or some protection because they know it's likely they'll be hit.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 08:56 am
forgot color blue. That's the one that makes me feel most peaceful.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 08:58 am
True blue to you then.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 09:57 am
dlowan wrote:
Which animal? Hmmmmmm - today - a cat. (Female)

Because they maintain the attributes of wildness within civilization.
Because they honour themselves, choose whom they love, and love without surrendering their souls.
Because they are very sensual, and their sex life looks good! And they are wonderful mothers.
Because they are beautiful, and know it.
Because they know how to relax totally and concentrate utterly and "be" fully in the present.
They play all their lives.
They are totally fierce when they need to be.
They accept suffering and death with grace.

(I could think of other reasons, but that is enough!)

what a brilliant summing of cats - I was going to choose a cat for all these reasons but couldn't have put it this well Smile
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 07:50 pm
OK, I choose to divulge.

A psych major tested our little crew at a bar one night--and the results were on target to all of us.

The animal you choose, and the three major characteristics that give you such an affinity to the animal represents how you think others view you.

The characteristics of the color you relate to, or prefer represents how you view yourself.

The body of water represents how you view sex.

The room: how you view death.

The liberal, overwhelmingly positive response you gave on cats, dlowen, would have them thinking you believe you are incredibly socially superior. (Of course, with all the Bunny threads, you seem to be correct.) Look again at your cat attributes. WOWZA. <not a criticism. I thought they were cool>

I was disappointed that my affinity to deer was mostly physical. ALWAYS had been told about 'my big brown eyes.' A couple of bfs had deemed Brown eyed Girl as Our Song. But was surprised when the correlation with this game was revealed.

One girl chose 'babbling brook' as her body of water. At the revelation, her bf started laughing, saying, "Good God, she talks non-stop thru sex..."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 07:55 pm
LOL! I fear the cat has many attributes I would LIKE to have! The reason I would like to have them, is that I do not!

My colour is azure blue - gutsy but ethereal and transcendent.

I also love the earthy tones!

Re the ocean - well, the tide is out, at present - waaaaaah!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 06:00 am
LOL, of coarse this would come from someone with beautiful nice brown eyes.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 02:27 pm
That appears to be my psychologically tested opinion. :wink:
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 07:55 am
and this is mine Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Rolling Eyes Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed Cool Embarrassed
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:27 pm
This all drives me nuts. I like all animals, including even humans, most of the time. I like all colors, in or out of their context...sometimes they look wrong together, not their fault. No favorites, and all these type questionaires doctrinarily assume I have them. I don't even choose, when it comes down to it, among plants, just in regard to being in certain places. Ok, ok, I am prickly, call me porcupine, but that isn't my rep.
ssssssssssssssssssshhhtttshththt.
0 Replies