China Importing Christianity

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 08:03 am
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/China+seeks+tips+on+how+to+boost+Christianity+/-/1056/1162114/-/kuy8tkz/-/

Quote:

China wants to use Kenya to promote Christianity within its borders.

An 11-member delegation from the Far East country led by State for Religious Affairs minister Wang Zuoan is in Kenya to “copy good practices” that could help it grow Christianity.

The delegation, which is on a seven-day visit, will also find ways in which Christians in China can work with Kenyan churches, Mr Wang said.....

This one is not hard to figure. Chinese have to know that their native religions, which are more like philosophical systems, are not going to provide any shelter or any sort of a counter force to i-Slam in the coming years.

I notice that they are shopping for Christianity in a place where being a Christian is not easy, largely due to the efforts of Bork Obunga's cousin Raila Odinga and his co-religionists....

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 897 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:41 pm
@gungasnake,
I would like to know how the Chinese would decorate a Christmas tree?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:45 pm
That makes a lot of sense. Christianity is about self-sacrifice, submission to government authority, brotherhood, self-denial, compassion and selling your possessions to give to the poor. If Communism ever wanted a religion that was compatible with its values Christianity would be it.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 06:44 am
@maxdancona,
China imports things they feel are of value and can help them. You probably won't find them in California trying to recruit Gaea worshippers, wiccans, or delta-smelt protectors....
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 02:06 pm
@maxdancona,
When we were kids we were told there is no difference between Christianity and Communism except that the Communists practised "the Ends justifies the Means"
gungasnake

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 02:57 pm
@talk72000,
You have a valid lawsuit against whoever taught you that as a kid. Unless you can produce some commie boss who preached believable morality and claimed actual authority in the future world of course....
talk72000

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 03:17 pm
@gungasnake,
It was a Christian Brother. I have nothing against the Christian Brothers.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 07:29 pm
http://www.jstor.org/pss/3712404
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 07:47 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I don't know how they do it today, but more than hundred years ago they did it like the Germans did it... and the Franciscans told them to do.
Foofie

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 07:52 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:

I don't know how they do it today, but more than hundred years ago they did it like the Germans did it... and the Franciscans told them to do.

Germans? I thought the Germans are now English speaking Europeans?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 08:02 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Germans? I thought the Germans are now English speaking Europeans?

a) If you had read my response,you would have noticed that I mentioned a time period.

b) I don't know from where you got this information. At least its not known in those parts of Germany I live in and have visited nor by any other official or unofficial source I could think of.
But since you've proved quite often your deep knowledge about this country and its inhabitants, I can be wrong.
Foofie

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 01:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Touche. You used sarcasm against my sarcasm!
0 Replies