Computer engineer

stma

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 07:44 pm
can a computer engineer please help me. me and a partner at school are having to do a project on computer engineer and we need a HANDS ON project that others can be apart in . please we need some thing asap so please give me some thing to do other can do and please provide a deataled plan of how and what to do would be appreciated. o and i have windows 7 if that helps
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,234 • Replies: 4
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 07:47 pm
@stma,
I am a computer (software) engineer. I don't know exactly what kind of project are you talking about. Are you talking about making a Web Page? Have you done any programming?

We need to know a little more about the class you are in, and what level of project we are talking about before we can be of any real help.

Are you doing any HTML?
stma

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 08:09 pm
@maxdancona,
what do you want to know. i just need a hands on project that shows what a computer engineer does (any type of a computer engineer) and whats HTML? my project does not need to be complex ps im a 6th grader i can do any type of project from how to build one or programing (like you said you are)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 08:20 pm
Computer engineers usually have training in electronic engineering, software design, and hardware-software integration instead of only software engineering or electronic engineering. Computer engineers are involved in many hardware and software aspects of computing, from the design of individual microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers, to circuit design. This field of engineering not only focuses on how computer systems themselves work, but also how they integrate into the larger picture.

Usual tasks involving computer engineers include writing software and firmware for embedded microcontrollers, designing VLSI chips, designing analog sensors, designing mixed signal circuit boards, and designing operating systems. Computer engineers are also suited for robotics research, which relies heavily on using digital systems to control and monitor electrical systems like motors, communications, and sensors.

Microcontroller Kit - Computer Systems Engineering Kit

http://www.discoverthis.com/microcontroller-kit.html
This kit introduces you to microcontrollers, sensors, and programming through 100 experiments. Build devices that use sensors to monitor and record data, and use the data to control motors, buzzers, lights, and a digital display. Write programs to control the devices you build. For example, you can build a light meter using a light dependent resistor and record the light levels in a room over a 12 hour period. Or measure and record the temperature outside with a temperature sensor, then graph the results. The number of possible experiments is infinite.

stma

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 08:25 pm
@dadpad,
thanks but that is a little out of my price range my dead line is this week and i wont have the money by then but if i had the money trust me i would im amazed by what computer engineers do.
0 Replies