If you could have one servant...

Thinkzinc

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 07:18 pm
I'd choose the Chauffeur! I hate driving, and it would also be useful in situations where there is no parking nearby; I could just be dropped off by the Chauffeur Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 07:35 pm
I chose maid too. He/she doesn't have to do my laundry, just clean the house. And maybe let the dog out if I was late home from work.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 07:48 pm
MAIDmaidmaidmaidMAID!
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 08:39 pm
I would choose a cook. I envy someone (i.e. Oprah) who can go on any sort of diet, because she doesn't have to hassle with preparation. I looked at the South Beach Diet, and it sounds great, but excuse me, I just don't have time to whip up Vegetable Quiche Cups To Go!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 08:52 pm
I'd like a maid-handyman. Have always filled that role myself. Well, usually. Forget that, I'd like a good contractor, with bills already paid.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 08:55 pm
I'd like Asia Argento.

So maid it is, then.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:37 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
concubine...sex servant.

Grrr, you stole mine!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:58 pm
Great answers! (Especially Joe's...ROTFLMAO!..."Mom" sounds about right!)

You guys are greeeeedy! I'm gonna hafta set some ground rules here, or you'll all take advantage of the servants.

1. Maids clean the house. That's all. No laundry, no handyman chores, no babysitting, no petsitting, no sexual contact. For those, you'll have to list the appropriate servant.

2. Personal Assistants keep your schedule, run your errands, pay the bills (your $$), and deal with business matters when you're busy. They are not maids, cooks, babysitters, petsitters or sex servants.

Nice try, though!

C'mon you guys, we'd all like to have all of the above! But the question is...which one would you want the MOST?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 11:16 pm
Someone to run your errands for you while you sit on your ass all day? Does that sound disturbing to anyone else? Is the ideal American household one in which we are sure to wear down the sofa in front of the television in six months?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 11:43 pm
On the contrary, Indie...some people have so many irons in the fire that the idea of a personal assistant is very appealing. They could finally get everything done. (I voted for maid, btw...)
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 11:52 pm
Now that I think about it, after I do things for myself I feel such a sense of accomplishment. Even if I am bogged down with tasks and chores, I feel better after completing them for myself. I probably wouldn't want any of the choices no matter how much easier they made my life.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:56 am
I think of a personal assistant as someone who gives facials, massages, hair styling, pedicures and manicures, which is why I chose a personal assistant.

I already love to do all the other choices, soooooooooo ... by the way, male would be prefereable!
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 02:02 am
I'll take a Heidi Klum thank you very much.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:18 pm
No matter what you call it, Misti, it sure sounds good to me! (And yes, male....definitely....)

Of course, if I picked that one, I'd have to mess up all their work by cleaning the house. Nope, I think I'll stick with "maid."
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 12:24 pm
Re: truth
JLNobody wrote:
Only one? What do you take me for, Don Quixote? Well, O.K., a "personal assistant, but a big and ugly guy who will serve principally as my body guard, so that I can go to places from which prudent fear keeps me away.

how much can you pay me?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 02:29 pm
I can appreciate what you're saying Individual but I'd much rather feel a sense of accomplishment after achieving something a bit more, like spending time at the local Senior Citizens home, than getting the floor mopped or the furniture dusted.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 02:58 pm
husker, you dog ;-}
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 03:52 pm
Dog, you husker. :>[

Personal Assistant - because they can clean up the house, give massages, etc. Eveything the others can do. Female, of course.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:44 pm
Eoe, don't you feel good after you've cleaned your house and it's nice, shiny, and spotless?

I'm sure the sense of accomplishment would be a lot less if you clean your house often, but for me, I like to keep things cluttered and dirty until spring.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:53 pm
I picked Other, but what I want is someone to clean the house. Maybe I've been reading too many novels, but "maid" to me meant "lady's maid" -- something between Misti26's concept and a wardrobe mistress. I'll shampoo myself if somebody else will shampoo the carpet!

TF, go back and read Eve's definition of personal assistant.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:48:51