If you could have one servant...

Eva

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 01:51 pm
If you could have one servant provided to you, free of charge, for the rest of your life....which would you choose?

You only get one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,556 • Replies: 51
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 01:59 pm
I picked a maid, although a personal assistant is another possibility. I don't mind cooking and I'm organized enough, I suppose, not to need an assistant that much. And I don't mind driving. It's cleaning that always bugs me. If I'm cleaning, you know I'm bored silly.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 02:01 pm
Tough choice between a maid and a cook for me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 02:12 pm
I have decided to go with my own personal shooter, a sort of modern day Syms Covington.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 02:19 pm
I love to cook and drive, my life is fairly uncomplicated so a personal assistant is just a daytimer so it would have to be a maid. 'Cause I don't have the time to be perfect.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 02:20 pm
A MAID!!!! PLEASE!
I love a clean house but hate cleaning it and can never seem to have the whole house done. When company comes, there's always a couple of rooms with closed doors. I'll drive from here to Jupiter,do my own shopping from now until dooms day and cook until the bottoms drop out of the pots but if I could just have someone come in and clean my house, I'd be one happy sister, I tell ya.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 02:29 pm
I had a maid in Brazil, I hired her mainly because of laundry (specifically ironing).

She also cooked every now and then but for the most part I ordered food so all I needed was help with ironing.

I wouldn't want help in the other areas of the poll.
0 Replies

innie

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 02:48 pm
I think I would want somene to drive me around, help me with homework, t play checkers with me... like a paid friend I geuss.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 03:07 pm
I like to cook, but hate cleaning up. A good Personal Assistant should be capable of all the above duties.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 03:15 pm
I love to cook; I actually find the clean up after a meal, relaxing; I have no need for a chauffeur; I am very organized, so a personal assistant is out also.

But...a maid.

Hummmm.

Yes, I like that.

Not sure I could sell Nancy on that, though, because my idea of a maid would be...well, shall we say...imaginative.

Yeah...lemme think on this for a bit!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 03:15 pm
concubine...sex servant.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 03:43 pm
I'd settle for an old fashioned Hired Girl who was willing to "help out where needed", particularly if she could learn something that would be useful in her own home someday.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 03:48 pm
A cook extraordinaire for when I'm pooped & would eat just about anything if left to my own devices. Lovely thought. Very Happy
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 03:52 pm
I voted cook because I'd like to eat lavishly without the effort of preparing - food tastes better when not prepared by me! (unless it's pasta, i can do pasta, oh and toast)...and I'd buy a dishwasher to aid clearing up afterwards!
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:24 pm
When my kids were little I often used to say that if I had a maid she could do nothing for most of the time so long as she was there so I could just walk out and leave her to it when the dog brought in a rat, the milk boiled over or the kids threw up.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:34 pm
I'd like a personal assistant.

She could help me cooking, in the house (perhaps do some driving as well) and especially with others.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:37 pm
That's what I was thinking Walter, a personal assistant can be a little of all those persons. A little clean-up, a little cooking, take me where I need to go in the car and make sure I'm there on time.

Hey, it's my Mom!!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:44 pm
truth
Only one? What do you take me for, Don Quixote? Well, O.K., a "personal assistant, but a big and ugly guy who will serve principally as my body guard, so that I can go to places from which prudent fear keeps me away.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:49 pm
A maid, a maid, a maid.

I love to drive. Enough so that I could be someone else's chauffeur if there was good money in it.

I like cooking if the kitchen is clean.

I don't like people knowin' my business, so no personal assistant.

A maid, a maid, a maid. But she doesn't get to do my laundry. I like doing laundry.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 06:07 pm
A cook...eating is my favorite part of the day. Actually, I usually eat all day long so I would be happy all day.

Driving is too much fun to pay someone else to do it
I like being disorganized and spontaneous: no Personal Assistant
And I can't seem to find things unless they are thrown all over the floor, the maid is out.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If you could have one servant...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:40:53