Can something be created from nothing ? and what is the existence about...

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:29 pm
Here is my guess for the meaning of the whole existence; Let me explain it to you:

Some time ago, I asked myself:

What should have been more LOGICAL to happen , the "the whole" or "the nothingness" ?

Regardless of our obvious perception that the reality is here, and that there is "something", the question before, seems to be difficult to answer.

Imagine that the second option (nothing exists) have become true; apparently it does not break any logic rules ... EUREKA!

Well, my theory is that "in reality, there is nothing" (what an irony of language), in the way we see it in our everyday life (the brain likes - wants - believe to see what "it" predicts, at all the levels, both for genetic and cultural reasons), but "what exists" could be only the logic itself.

This is a subjective assessment with my limited sense of human consciousness, not a belief, because I am opposed to this absurd idea of "believe" in something without reasoning it.

As the only irrefutable thing is the logic's existence, you come to the conclusion that our existence is the same as "the logic", which is "logical" that exists by itself. It is not logical, however, the assumption that there is a "physical" reality. What for ? why ? no answers.

The study of this logic, developed and standardized by the "human mind" is what we call mathematics.

Then, The world is seen as it should be, logically. And consciousness, or life, would be an "important" consequence when applying pure logic; As if one could conclude that it must exist.

We are discovering, that everything we know can be explained by a mathematical model as it deepens in the models. Do you realize? Reality is not "physical", the reality is, say, abstract in itself. No more, no less. That is why the universe seems so great, "and the matter seems to being subdivided into an infinite number of parts. It has no beginning or end, as it is "logical".

I'm NOT talking about the world of shadows and the world of Platonic ideas, or the Matrix virtual reality and the real world controlled by robots, or parallel universes or ideals and physical "instances" of the universe, either.

I'm talking about a single reality, the LOGIC reality, to be understood through the development of mathematics as a pure science, with the help of the unvaluable "scientific method" (the best "discovering" or tool the human being haves).

Everything that exists on the other hand it is logical, mathematical, if I may express it "as a huge and infinite equation".

It includes and justifies both, the great achievements of humanity and the most terrible atrocities. EVERYTHING. I'm not saying that there is no free will, but that "things that exist", existed or that "will exist", cannot be changed because they are is the result of a "logical consequence."

The dimensions in this world are meaningless in themselves, since everything is infinitely large and small, as the logic itself.

Maybe when we were able to look in detail at the reality of matter with the new particle accelerators like the LHC and other means, we would realize the truth.

So, I can give you the answer to the question, although not the "how to do it" ... yet:

The answer is "YES", I suppose you could create "something from nothing", if by that "nothing", you mean something that don't physically exists.

In reality, we were creating something in an "unusual way", manipulating the reality, and looking as we were creating it from nothing. It would be again, another "logical / physical" trick.

But, let's look closer to the question again: Can I create something from nothing?

Many questions have no answers because they, themselves, are not well constructed; their base is absurd, or poor defined.

What does mean "nothing" ? Something that does not exist?

when? let's say, in an exact moment...

where? ... on an exact location

If we reach the proper detail level, we find that it is IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE there is a logical contradiction. Do you see ? it's impossible at the logical level.

Another situation would be if something appears on one place where nothing existed before just milliseconds before. Again, it could be caused by an unknown (until today) physical (logical if I'm right) effect, But remember: what cannot be logically possible, should be impossible.

Perhaps this could be a reasonable approximation for the truth of the existence.

But if all this is only a paranoia, I hope that it doesn't get worse when I grew old 8-D.

Did you noticed ?, I tried to answer a question, and I ended up explaining the essence for the whole existence ... I've told you at the very beginning.

Can you imagine the existence of a secret group of people ?... A sect that already knows the truth, and that at any moment ... OOOPS ! Somebody is knocking at the door ... very strange, it's so late, who could it be ? ;-D

I hope you liked it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,757 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Chights47

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:06 am
@observingman,
It seems like you're mainly explaining the belief in methodological solipsism. Basically the belief is that everything, in it's original form, is based on personal experience which is both private and ineffable which can only be conveyed through analogies.

The theory of solipsism follows three general philosophies:

1.Nothing exists;

2.Even if something exists, nothing can be known about it; and

3.Even if something could be known about it, knowledge about it can't be communicated to others.

Solipsism is not a single concept, however, but instead refers to several worldviews whose common element is some form of denial of the existence of a universe independent from the mind of the agent.
0 Replies

zt09

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 03:31 am
@observingman,
Quote:
Everything that exists on the other hand it is logical, mathematical, if I may express it "as a huge and infinite equation".

You are not alone in these thoughts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_universe_hypothesis

Quote:
So, I can give you the answer to the question, although not the "how to do it" ... yet:

The answer is "YES", I suppose you could create "something from nothing", if by that "nothing", you mean something that don't physically exists.

There is no need to invent a reason why something should arise from nothing. If everything (the Universe) is nothing then being part of nothing (non-zero variable in the equation) we have something to perceive (Nothing-Ourself). This is just a simplistic example of course. In reality we have time, unsertanity, superposition and other stuff that it not simple to define by a math equation. But I agree with many of your agruments especially

Quote:
Everything that exists on the other hand it is logical
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 07:35 pm
@observingman,
It all boils down to... Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be.
0 Replies