A Newbie looking out for Flatest TV

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:11 am
Hi everyone,

I am JOhn and I am interested in buying Flatest TV for my new Home and i found this forum really interesting regarding this

information.

Thank You,
John
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,800 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 06:16 am
@johnsmit246,
TVs (flat panel) are all designed to be flat. Can't answer your question as it makes no sense. Perhaps you can figure out what you really want to know?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 07:36 am
@johnsmit246,
In thinking about what you COULD mean, perhaps you mean the thinnest profile Flat screen TV? The depth is what matters to most people when you hang it on the wall.

I own a Samsung 46-inch HDTV (backlit-LED) and it's only 1-1/4 in deep. There are several Flat-panel TVs now that are between 1-1/4 in and 1-3/4 in deep. The ones that employ LEDs to backlight are the thinnest and offer the best pics. Coincidentally they also draw less power and are cheapest to own over the long term as they save on your electric bill.
MimiKaos

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 09:03 pm
@Ragman,
Actually there's a panasonic plasma tv that's 1" thick which makes it thinner than any LED tv. It's the TCP54Z1, it's pretty expensive but u asked for the thinnest and that would be the plasma here.
MimiKaos

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 09:12 pm
@MimiKaos,
Panasonic plasma also has the best picture hands down! Plasma has the best and most natural color, highest refresh rates, best viewing angles and are energy star rated! CNET rates the panasonic plasma as the best tv for 2010 and now 2011!
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 09:16 pm
@MimiKaos,
Why do they need you viral marketers to astroturf their product then? If they are the best they shouldn't hire liars to pretend like customers online.
MimiKaos

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:18 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Lol I would love to get paid for this but unfortunately I'm just a sales associate for sears and I work in the electronics dept. So im very familiar with the latest flat screens. I'm just giving u my opinion and the guy asked what the "flattest" tv was, I assumed he meant thinnest so I told him what I knew about the panasonic plasma that's 1" thick... Thinner than LED's! I'm sorry if my knowledge offended you but I was just replying to and trying to help the guy that posted the question...
0 Replies

PhoebeKate

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 12:57 am
@johnsmit246,
Flattest doesn't have to be the best. Get a 3D Internet TV. You can watch cable, 3d movies, surf internet - without moving from your potato-shaped couch.
0 Replies