What is the relation between architecture as pure idea and space as a set of bodily experience?

runaway

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:03 am
Hi,
This is my final year essay question.
What is the relation between architecture as pure idea and space as a set of bodily experience?
Thx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,719 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:24 am
Post som ideas and thoughts. We'll try to work off those so that its more your ideas than ours. This bunch doesnt usually "do your homework for you but if you show that you have been thinking you never know who might come on board.

Start by defining architecture and space.
How does space affect boily experiences. Is it the same for everyone?
Personal space; The amount of space we keep between ourselves and strangers differs from the amount of space we keep between ourselves and family. Personal space differs between rural based people and those with an urban background.

I have no idea where I'm going here. I'm juat brainstorming to see if anything starts your creative juices flowing.

to offer or render professional services in connection with the design and construction of a building, or group of buildings and the space within the site surrounding the buildings, that have as their principal purpose human occupancy or use.
0 Replies