I want to create a viral video

chai2

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 06:55 am
It seems I need a small child though.

Like the cranky 4 year old who is falling apart because he can't be the governor of NJ.

I'm hoping linkat comes along and loans me one of hers. They're not not, but maybe I get get the smaller one to go nuts over something.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 936 • Replies: 17
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 07:12 am
@chai2,
You have plenty of cats at your disposal, they're good for viral videos too.

Bella seems promising, she already made a bit of a splash on Icanhazcheezburger.
chai2

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 07:14 am
@sozobe,
I've investigated cats vs. kids.

Kids do 37.98% better.

If this is gonna go viral, I'll need that margin.
sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 07:18 am
@chai2,
Hmm. Mine's too old, sorry.

They do best in the 0-3 range.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 07:58 am
you dont need a small child. you need a man.
take the man to a park with swings have him stand in front of the swings till a small child uses said swing keep videoing till the child, gets him in the goolies.

theres your gold.

No wait thats funniest home videos.... sorry

Baseball parks are good too. According to video evidence 68.86% of children slam dad in the orchestra halls at least once between the ages of 0 and 10
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:29 am
engineer

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:36 am
Set up a webcam and record yourself talking about how great Justin Bieber is. About half way through, break out into song. About halfway through the song, start to dance by swaying about in an uncoordinated manner more suitable for a zombie. Post to Youtube. You will be on Good Morning America is under a week.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:37 am
oh! oh!

Nope i sound nothing like a girl.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:13 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PpYasA94sU[/youtube]

Oh My God....I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

Momma was screaming like a girl....Aaaah Aaah Aaah

and I was tryin' to sleep.
Mame

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:42 am
@chai2,
That WAS funny!

I think you should do a rolfing video - I'm sure it'd get a million hits, chai.
chai2

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 11:26 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

That WAS funny!

I think you should do a rolfing video - I'm sure it'd get a million hits, chai.

Actually, it doesn't look like much. No pummelling or wrenching around, if that's what you mean.
In fact, look at this video, it kinda looks like he's not doing anything....but he is...

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 11:28 am
@chai2,
hey - this rolfing thing, would it help BPB and his lower back problems?

he just started a thread looking for some advice on some piece of equipment to work on his abs - if rolfing doesn't require him to lie on his back, it might be an option for him
chai2

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 12:49 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, it's not an exercise, but it could help or even fix whatever is wrong with his back, so he could lie on it, do his ab exercises....and probably a lot of other stuff he hasn't been able to do for years.
I don't know what wrong with him, but it couldn't hurt to look into it.

You get in all different positions while you are being rolfed, but if someone for some reason can't mechanically get into a position, I'm sure the rolfer will figure something out.

ehbeth, I seriously think you would really get into rolfing. I know you belly dance, and that involves an awareness of what all different parts of your body are doing, and how they are effecting totally different areas.
I think most people go because there is something hurting them. I just felt like my body was all catty wumpus, and it was.
I'm going to be taking a car vacation to S. Dakota at the end of May, and I think when I get back I'm going to go in for a few sessions. Right now, my upper back and shoulders feel too high. If the facia gets released, it'll all fall naturally where it should be. That the whole thing with rolfing, it creates space in your body. Maybe that sounds strang, but that's really what it does. Because there's this extra space, you can move into it, which increases flexibilty, and gives you a more stable platform.
Ceili

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 08:20 pm
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d2dce502f4/twin-men-have-a-conversation-official-video?playlist=featured_videos
engineer

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 05:18 am
@Ceili,
Since we're on Funny or Die,http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0247468f28/when-harry-met-sally-2-with-billy-crystal-helen-mirren
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 07:23 am
Ceili and Engineer Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 07:36 am
@chai2,
here is BPB's question

http://able2know.org/topic/170421-1

I've looked into rolfing a bit. Not too many practitioners around me. A lot of what we do in class in warm-up and cool-down sounds like it's a combo of rolfing/pilates/yoga. A few of our instructors have experience of all of them - there is a lot of discussion of awareness of where you are in your body and where your body is in space and in relation to others. My shoulders are in a very different place than they were a few years ago - even stressed, they don't go as high as they used to - my whole posture has gone back to what it was like in my late teens (which was very good).
chai2

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 08:48 am
@ehBeth,
uh huh, uh huh....so you really get it.
cool.

I decided to do the first rolfing series because a girl friend, who lives in another state, had gotten her certificate in pilates, then went to Colorado to get her license in rolfing. She was visiting once, and we were talking about it. She would point someone out and say "his shoulders/hips/other body part is keeping (another body part) from moving properly." I got it with some of the people she pointed out, but with others, I thought they looked fine.

Taking her back to the airport (I've told this story before) I asked her if there were any really obvious problem areas in me. She said "oh yeah, I haven't seen you for a few years, and you look very different" Really? Give me an example.
She said "Your head. You're driving, and there is a big distance between your head and the head rest." I felt behind my head, and I wasn't surprised to feel there was at least a hand span between the head and the headrest, a few inches.. I thought that's where it shoud be. She said "no, your head should be at least grazing the headrest."
I put my head back until it touched and I said "oh no, that's not right, that feels really weird. I'd have to force it to stay there, and would end up hurting." She laughed and said "That's my point. If you were aligned, it would just "be" there, and you wouldn't have to think about it."

I believed her, and didn't believe her, at the same time. I mean, I got that's where someone with perfect posture would sit, but when I did it, I looked stiff and unnatural. My thought process at the time was that to change something, you had to really work at it, push that head/arm/hip where it should be, and lock it in place. Like standing, walking etc was something you had to be aware of, if you wanted it to be right. When I say aware, I thought that meant being conscious of it in an active way, as in telling yourself to "Stand up straight"

I don't know if it was after my first or second session (which were scheduled about 3 or 4 weeks apart) but in that time frame, I was driving around in my car, and I turned my head to look at something. As I did so, I realized I was rubbing the back of my head on the head rest when I turned my head! My rolfer had released the fascia somewhere (probably in that upper back area below the neck) and I was, in a completely normal way, sitting with my head brushing the head rest. Today, several years later, my head naturally brushes the headrest when I drive.

What took my body years to mess up, was fixed with just one releasing of that particular fascia.
Today, when I think of body awareness, I feel it is more like "falling" into the proper alignment. If your body is allowed to, it will function as it should, but you're got to open the roadways for it to travel into.
0 Replies