Should Christianity adopt Islam’s laws of sins of the flesh?

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 07:24 am
Should Christianity adopt Islam’s laws of sins of the flesh?

There is a fair bit of noise nowadays about Sharia law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywlfbu-wjGU

I am not advocating Sharia law for our secular system but have to wonder if Christianity would be well served by adopting Sharia law for the Church.

Islam must change as it enters into secularism. It, like all Abraham based religions, need much improvements to their laws but, in terms of sins of the flesh, they may be above the Christian ethos. Abortion, infidelity, and other inappropriate sexual habits seem to be better handled by Islam. They have gone the wrong way in some of their cults, the so called rape law, exemplifies this, but I think that this is just a blip to their overall theology and will be rejected soon. Their homophobic stance also must change.

The spread and customs of abortion and unwed mothers in the west, as well as the numbers of men who do not do their duty to their children, is not good. Family values, although still healthy in the west, is taking a good beating. Perhaps it is time for Christianity to look at other religious systems including Islam, and adapt what it and others do to Christian families, if they find the new system better.
I would think that such a move would also be a good time for Christianity to redress their shameful religious discrimination and denigration of Gays.

I did not bother with statistics as I think that what I have said is well recognized as fact. The U S situation is well known. In this O P, I would include fornication, infidelity, prostitution, unwed mothers and abortion. Homosexuality, I do not consider as inappropriate sex but know that it will be expressed by the homophobes.

Should we recognize this better part of Islam, in terms of dealing with sins of the flesh, or should Christianity just continue with the dismal record that it presently has?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 482 • Replies: 1
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 09:04 am
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
inappropriate sexual habits seem to be better handled by Islam.

It seems that Islam is a matter of degree in how it sees most things. In the overall good v evil
Christianity says to DO good and AVOID evile

Islam says to COMMAND good and DESTROY evil.

0 Replies