maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 08:59 pm
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
I estimate roughly I spoke to around 70 to 80 non-muslims and around 20-30 muslims. Most just random people I encountered through a day.

Do you realize how completely ridiculous this is? I imagine it went something like this.

You: Hey stranger, I would like to ask you about your religion.
Me: Yeah.....
You: Yes are you Muslim or non-Muslim.
Me: None of your business.
You: Well you look like you could be Muslim. Would you kill for your religion?
Me: (After thinking seriously about the question for a moment) Of course I would so you better get out of my face you jerk.

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 09:32 pm
@maxdancona,
You imagine it went something like.... Are you going by personal experience?
First off, if you want information from someone and you are not sure you can trust them, don't ask questions. Start a conversation. People generally don't like answering questions about themselves to strangers, but they love to talk.

Bottom line regarding this is that I did what I said I did because I wanted an impression of the general attitude towards this among muslims. It is of course possible that I ran into 30 extremist muslims and a hoarde of moderate christians, but I think it's more likely I ran into a fair mix of all.
And for the record, some of the non-muslims were arabs too.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 09:45 pm
@Cyracuz,
You want me to believe that you had informal conversations with random people on the streets about their willingness to commit murder?

I think you are full of crap.

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 09:53 pm
@maxdancona,
Believe what you want.

I think, based on your assertion that I must be full of crap for claiming to have meaningful conversations with strangers, that you are the kind of person who would rather have others listen to you.
Like I said, people love to talk. Give them a chance and you may be surprised.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Good grief, are you still on this anti-Christian track?

Where is this bile coming from? Do you even know?

Hey, if you want to criticize any and all religions, that's fine with me. I can debate such a position. However, you seem to want to single out Christianity as the "really bad" religion.

It's sort of pathetic when people mistake political tropes for intellectual positions.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You are still missing the point Finn. This isn't my bile, it is Cyracuz's bile. This thread was a near perfect copy of Cyracuz' anti-Islam thread (with the names changed).

In Cyracuz's thread he was making unfounded claims and defamatory insinuations, backed by anecdotes and cherry picked examples to try to support his prejudiced ideas.

The point of this thread was to show that you could do the same with religious or ethnic group.

Christianity and Islam are equal, neither one of them is singularly bad (or good) by any objective measure.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If a religion is in voilation of human rights, as some aspects of Christianity can be said to be...

You should be aware that Eldridge Cleaver went and actually lived in a slammite country for a couple of years and he said it gave him a whole new outlook on reality, that none of the problems he ever thought he'd had with Christianity or white society in America prior to that really seemed to be worth mentioning afterwards.

I mean you can read about slavery in Christian countries but you to open a history book to do it. Reading about slavery in slammite countries is considerably easier, just open up the classified ad section of any slammite newspaper under 'S' (for slaves) or, actually, under 'W' as well since women are basically slaves in slammite countries.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:32 pm
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
I find this strange, since muslims consider Muhammad the restorer of an uncorrupted faith, and the last prophet of Allah, but he was also a military general. How does those two reconcile?

Mohammed (MHBH) was basically a bandit Chief, his resume being altogether that of a bandit chieftain, and I-slam is basically a religion thrown together and optimized for controlling increasingly large confederations of bandit tribes. The morality it teaches (rape, pillage, loot everybody outside the systemand reap heavenly rewards for it) is meant to maximally appeal to bandits.

The basic problem is that the bandit-tribe model of society has simply been bypassed by events in the last several centuries.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Here's something you might get a kick out of, an actual movie about slammites with a happy ending (slammites all get slaughtered), basically the story about the dickhead who tried to show Genghis Khan how bad he was by confiscating a Mongolian trade caravan and then burning the beards off of four of Genghis Khan's ambassadors when he tried to figure out what had happened. In other words a bunch of slammites tried to treat Genghis Khan the same way slammites treat everybody else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY_YM4JESyk
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:40 pm
@maxdancona,
And yet on A2K your name is consistently associated with anti-Christian threads.

If you want to assert that your anti-Christian bias is simply an ironic response to Christian zealots, so be it, but I'm not buying it.
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 10:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
In Cyracuz's thread he was making unfounded claims and defamatory insinuations, backed by anecdotes and cherry picked examples to try to support his prejudiced ideas.

I was asking a simple question: If religious considerations are in conflict with human rights considerations, which should take presedence? The reason I asked in the context of Islam is simple.
Islam is the only religion in the world that actually rules nations and presumes to pass judgment on people as the secular courts of all other nations do.

So the question posed in the thread you stole isn't really relevant for any religion but Islam.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 11:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's about balance Finn.

I would be happy to start a "Islam is just as bad as Christianity" if you feel it is necessary.

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 04:09 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I would be happy to start a "Islam is just as bad as Christianity" if you feel it is necessary.

Still missing the point I see.
Since you basically took my post, I am fairly certain I understand the question being asked in it.

There is no place in the world where cristian laws take presedence. There are nations with laws based christian values, but that is far from the same thing. The trial and sentencing of a rapist in such courts are not subject to the will or command of god.
This is not true of Islam. The trial and scentencing of a rapist in Islam controlled countries is according to a law that has already been critisized for it's violation of human values. Laws muslims are taught are god's laws.
There may be other places where human values are not respected, but Islam is the only religion, as far as I can tell, that actually supports human rights violations. And like I said, this not being the case of christianity, the question itn's really valid for that religion.
BillRM

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 05:22 am
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
There is no place in the world where cristian laws take presedence. There are nations with laws based christian values, but that is far from the same thing. The trial and sentencing of a rapist in such courts are not subject to the will or command of god.

Such as executing homosexuals under color of law for being homosexuals nice good Christian values right out of the King Jame bible.
Cyracuz

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 05:36 am
@BillRM,
Where did this happen?
BillRM

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 05:45 am
@Cyracuz,
Read this thread!!!!!!

Side note all they are doing now is locking them up for decades however it took the threat by every first world nation on earth to cut all aids to these assholes to prevent a law to execute homosexuals from being pass so far.

All in the name of good old Christian valves once more read the thread.

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 06:03 am
@BillRM,
I have read this thread, but I must have missed that.

Anyway, anything negative I say about Islam doesn't automatically mean that I think the oposite of Christianity.
As far as Im concerned they are both perversions of spirituality.
BillRM

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 06:17 am
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
Anyway, anything negative I say about Islam doesn't automatically mean that I think the oposite of Christianity.
As far as Im concerned they are both perversions of spirituality.

You are however going against one of the three major world religions stating that the billion of men and women who follow Islam had been turn into murderers by that faith in mass.

Sorry but that is nonsense and is like stating that because the King Jame bible call for the killing homosexuals the majority of Christians would consider doing so.

Some Christians will indeed kill and have indeed kill homosexuals following the bible and some Muslims had kill people who had dare to insult Islam or it Prophet.

Neither facts however means that once more the followers of Islam in mass are condition killers for their religion.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 06:28 am
When you read the link that Billram provided it is very clear that it is evangelic Christians who are the strongest against homosexuals.
As evangelic Christians as a rule are more fundamentalistic than many other denominations it is not fair to be critical to all Christians.
Generalization without facts and informations is always a bad reason to start a discussion.
One single American fundamentalistic preacher has burned the Koran. This does not mean all American fundamentalists do such a stupid thing.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 06:39 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
If a religion is in voilation of human rights, as some aspects of Christianity can be said to be, what takes presedence? The religious beliefs or the human rights?

A lot of Christians seem to believe that women are far inferior to men. They don't have the same rights, and can be punished for merely walking on the street alone. The justification for this is their holy scriptures, which is the highest law for Christians, above even the laws of nations.
To me it seems like a "punishment" that is forced on women just because men can't control their sexual urges.

Based on Christian traditions and practices I am inclined to say that Christianity is a threat to the rights of all humans. Can we allow religious freedom if it restricts those rights?
Overdose of LSD, Max ??
0 Replies