anthropology

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 12:09 am
The internationally mobile knowledge worker lives and works in an environment without national, religious, and ethnic boundaries; they are transnational migrants.true or false
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,686 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by nancy515
dadpad
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 12:21 am
@nancy515,
true.
the definition of Migrant.
miĀ·grant (mgrnt)
n.
1. One that moves from one region to another by chance, instinct, or plan.
2. An itinerant worker who travels from one area to another in search of work.
However I think that all people need to work within national, religious, and ethnic boundaries in the country they are currently domiciled.
nancy515

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 01:17 am
@dadpad,
i agree w/you but the following paragraph in book is confusing; when it mentions nat'l boundaries.it reads: transnational migration is the movement of people back n forth btwn 2 or more countries. people involved in transnat'l migration hv multinat'l, multicultural identity. some pastoralist as kirghiz crossed nat'l boundaries in their regular nomadic herding movements, they did so even bfr boundaries existed. kirghiz movement became restrict w/formation of nation-states. let me know ur thoughts. ty
dadpad

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 01:51 am
@nancy515,
Quote:
Transnational migration is the movement of people back n forth btwn 2 or more countries. people involved in transnat'l migration hv multinat'l, multicultural identity. some pastoralist as kirghiz crossed nat'l boundaries in their regular nomadic herding movements, they did so even bfr boundaries existed. kirghiz movement became restrict w/formation of nation-states.

I agree that some early pastoralist crossed national boundarieshowever as national boundaries did not exist they could hardly be classed as migrants.
This passage does not refer to knowledge workers as you did in your erlier question. I take it that knowledge workers are involved in computer technology or other occupations requiring a high level of education. In modern times generally speaking a person identifies with one nationality or another depending on where their pasport is issued. It is of course possible to have a dual nationality where a person has formally emigrated.
0 Replies