What Do you people think about Goth people?

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 12:09 pm
I am researching on the opinions about other people towards the different style called Goth.

boomerang

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 12:18 pm
@sasha13666 ,
I think it can be pretty cute and I think it personifies teenage angst in clothing form. I like fashion that requires someone to really put themselves out there.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 12:22 pm
http://www.historyarts.ro/ilustratii/6_razboinici/goth.jpg

I guess Goth clothing is cool--it sure is different. But you could have a lot of problems walking around the streets with a spear and a sword.
kuvasz

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 12:25 pm
@sasha13666 ,
I find it amusing that people who proclaim their individuality act and dress alike as Goth do.
thack45

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 12:35 pm
@Setanta,
Awesome Laughing
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 12:41 pm
@sasha13666 ,
Are we talking Visigoth, or Ostragoth ?
0 Replies

CrimsonSorrow

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 02:04 pm
@kuvasz,
SASHA--Your comment shows exactly what you DON'T know about Gothic Culture. There are many different types of people who are very unique in the goth culture. There are cyber-goths, romantic goths, old school goths, steampunk goths, lolita goths, just to name a few. Every type individually has their own unique taste and style. So, before you laugh with "amusement" at any type of people who are different than you, maybe you should get your facts straight. It's just plain ignorant to judge people that you have absolutely no idea about. Unfortunately, ignorant bigots and judgmental people seem to be the "norm" these days. This type of bigotry is born out of insecurity to be different (which can be difficult) and fear of the unknown. You show your ignorance by making a comment that encompasses a judgment about a whole mass of people of which you know nothing about. Gothic people tend to be educated and highly creative individuals. Your comment shows your lack of appreciation for the English language as well. Goths love language and respect it, you should thank them for carrying on traditions that honor and respect the English language and old styles and traditions that are dying today because people don't care anymore about such things. I can imagine with the comment you made, you might be the type of person who dresses conservatively and might be afraid to do anything but follow the herds. At least we dare to be different and true to ourselves no matter the grief we often get from so called "normal" people who are afraid to be different. How would you feel if we all laughed at you? I guess you don't have to worry about that because we have too much class and don't have the time to waste, making fun of others. We are too busy creating, making music, art, writing etc. to bother judging others. I wish you the best and hope that in the future you will try to accept and not judge that which you don't understand or know anything about. "If you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all."
Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 02:11 pm
@CrimsonSorrow,
Sasha didn't make any comments such as you accuse her of doing. You might learn to pay a little more attention.
djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 02:16 pm
@Setanta,
you'd think he/she would be too busy to have posted the response

CrimsonSorrow wrote:
We are too busy creating, making music, art, writing etc. to bother judging others.

Wink
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 07:45 pm
@CrimsonSorrow,
Then why do you folks all dress up the same? I asked the same question to my 19 year old niece last year who spouted the same defensive whine you did about "individualism" all the while wearing the "individualistic" black pants and shirt.

Give you some advice; the next time someone asks you the same question I just did, tell them that you practice Sufism, where your outward appearence is uninportant and the self in inwardly directed.

Had you come back responding that you would have earned my respect, until then you're nothing but a precocious kid, with an insufferable ego and little experience in the ways of the world.

The fundamental error of youth (mine included) is thinking that we alone are the only ones who have tread the path their feet rest upon. It does NOT make you look stupid, it makes you human. It is the wearing of similar clothing while proclaiming your individualty that makes you look stupid. Go ahead, put on a bright tie dye tomorrow and see what your goth buddies say about you wanting to dress as an "individual."
CrimsonSorrow

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 06:53 am
@Setanta,
::::@sasha13666, "I find it amusing that people who proclaim their individuality act and dress alike as Goth do.":::: Setanta, I saw this post and responded to it thinking the users name was (Sasha-IE.-sasha13666) as copied and pasted above. I apologize, my post was meant for "kuvasz." Thank you for pointing that out. I will try to learn to pay more attention in the future. I'm new to this site, my apologies to Sasha as well.
djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 06:55 am
@CrimsonSorrow,
welcome to the site
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 06:57 am
@djjd62,
My wife and I have been invited to a Goth wedding in Rome. She wants to know if it would be appropriate to wear a sack dress.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 07:17 am
@sasha13666 ,
I can tell you for sure that anybody who ever walked into the high school I attended looking like that at the time I was there would have been lucky if the grownups got to him before the other kids did. The experience would have lasted less than ten minutes, one way or the other before the "goth" was sent packing.
djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 07:20 am
@gungasnake,
and this is something you're proud of or just reporting on
0 Replies

CrimsonSorrow

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 07:33 am
@djjd62,
Thank you "djjd62" for the welcome but I don't think I'll be wasting my time here anymore. The reason I posted was to try to let people know that although it may appear to some that we "all dress alike" that statement is judgmental and untrue. Her comment was that we want to be different but we all look the same to her and she finds that amusing. Well, maybe to others we do all "look the same." I was merely trying to let people know that there are many unique and different styles in the gothic culture. As far as your comment that implied I should be too busy writing, creating etc. to pass judgment against her, I say to you that I was merely making an attempt to clear up a stereotype we are often met with and making fun or finding it amusing to assume we all look alike is not true or fair. I bothered to take the time to make my comment because I felt it was important enough to try to let people know a little more about us because the name of this thread invited (I thought) people to try to understand not just judge gothic style people. It's apparent that my attempt was futile and I assure you, I will get back to more important things. I wish all of you the best and hope I may have influenced someone's thoughts about "goths" in a good way. Kindest Regards, Sorrow PS. We hate being referred to as goths.
jespah

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 07:42 am
@CrimsonSorrow,
Or, you could make us all feel that you're overly sensitive to a little ribbing.

Really.

I am far removed from High School and I am not unsympathetic but, truly, how are you showing anyone that you are more than a buncha kids who all dress alike except for your (and we don't know about credibility, accuracy, etc.) sayso?
CrimsonSorrow

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 07:47 am
@jespah,
Jespah, when you get that "little bit of ribbing" (very rudely)...almost every time you go out, you tend to get a bit sensitive.
dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 07:56 am
Let me understand this.
You dress in a style generally refered to as Goth...because you I assume need to be part of some kind of group (as an individual) that thinks in a similar manner. (thats a human trait) birds of a feather and all that.
But.. In your words... thay hate being refered to as "goth".

It all sounds a bit mixed up to me.

The style I associate with "goth" has nothing to do with historical goths.
now steampunk as a style thats kinda more "outlandish Victorian" in my mind.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 08:03 am
If you've seen one Goth you've seen them all.
0 Replies