Carbon Tax

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 05:15 pm
What is Michael Ignatieff's stand on a Carbon Tax. Since the last election, this was a big issue.

djjd62

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 05:20 pm
@Howard Trevail,
i would like to see MI stand under a shipping container filled with reams of carbon paper

and then i'd like someone to drop the shipping container on him

that's my wish for his stand on carbon
ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 05:26 pm
@djjd62,
there was just a bit about this on As It Happens as they were talking to some people in the NWT where they are quite impacted by climate change - Harper's not going to do anything that would lead to a decrease in activity in the tar sands etc.
djjd62

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 05:28 pm
@ehBeth,
i think there are things we should do for the environment, i'd just like to see the beetle browed fellow crushed by a shipping container, harper could join him if he felt so inclined
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 06:59 pm
carbon tax is a BIG issue in Australia right now as well although there is no election looming.
The Gillard (australian Prime minister) Government seems set to introduce the bill for a tax sometime soon. variouse wheelings and dealings are going on with independants and the greens.

I'm in favour. I believe tht any job losses resulting from a carbon tax making Australian products less competitive in the world market will be ofset by an increase in jobs within the low carbon sector and services sector.
Variouse industry sectors are being offered packages to "help" them through which to me defeats the purpouse.

ie As it stands now in many cases goods are replaced rather than repaired.
Instead of buying a new saw blade when the old one is blunt I'll have the old one sharpened.
djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 06:41 am
@dadpad,
i have no problem with that either

i'm just a big fan of seeing political leaders crushed by shipping containers (or would be if we get it started as a tradition, maybe make it mandatory at some point in their term)
0 Replies