Challenge to the religious, atheist, scholar. and comon folk.

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 02:47 pm
Well I am having a hard time dispproving that the voices I hear is not of Gods by my defenition. So I would like some help. Read my topics. See what I wrote. Challedge it, Ask me a question that only a Gods voice would have the answer. Disprove it. Thank You for time to help me out! Smile

thack45

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 02:54 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
How about some specific links to the posts.
Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:00 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
You're presenting the unanswerable for several reasons. You've asked similar questions of the same sort many times before.

Your question is unclear about what the purpose and nature is. How can anyone answer you. It's not a philosphical or religion question in actuality.

It sounds like a cry for help. You know you hear voices and you know you have some serious "wiring" problems. How do we know what is in your head? I can only tell you that it's most often reported by many experts on psychology and psychiatry that voices like you describe are often a result of hallucination.

One thing for sure, is you need to narrow it down to a specific topic. It's not possible to know whether or not you hear 'God's voice' or whatever other experiences you have of your own inner voices.

Knowing that with your A2k history of comments, you've documented your own chemistry/personality issues, perhaps this is something no one here can debate with you. Firstly, because it's too broad-based to be of any use. Secondly, it's wrapped around your own admitted perceptual problems.

One's faith and hearing 'God's voice' is unanswerable. And, when you have been diagnosed with severe psychological issues such as the ones that you have, it makes discussion fairly impossible for others to advise you about other to say a generic, but somewhat useless, "keeping seeking help".
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:09 pm
@Ragman,
Thank You Smile Yes in order to eliminate that symtom of my illness I am trying to eliminated it logicaly. Its seems hard to do.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:10 pm
@thack45,
Hmm the ones dealing with defention of God and Proff of God are good ones. Smile
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:39 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Not hard, impossible.

The history of philosophy and religious literature is rife with such a debate. Do you realistically expect someone here to settle this debate with a few well chosen words? That is hardly realistic.

It also begs the issue. The voices in your head confuse you and until you get at the root of your psychiatric issues, the debate is moot.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:56 pm
@Ragman,
Hmm yes I know its hard. But so its separeted from the 'dilusional' sector of my disease I must rationalize it first. So maybe some Mensa members have something?
Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:30 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Once again, you are chosing to avoid the core of the issue. How does it matter whether or not the person advising you is Mensa level? What relevance does this have? You may like having discussions with Mensa level folk but to what ends?

Now, if you want to have a discussion with Mensa person over Deity issues, that is a philosophical discussion.

However, if what you want is to discuss is/are your perception issues, that's a psychiatric issue. Until you understand that distinction, you'll only further confuse yourself and the discussion and not get the advice you need. Mensa level people cannot solve your confusion.

Not to put you on the spot and make you uncomfy but I've seen this theme of your threads repeatedly with MOST of your discussions here. You're spinning your wheels.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:23 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
This is why God gave man intelligence - we were never meant to believe half the rubbish protestants have come up with....intelligence was supposed to be our guide in decision making .
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:30 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hi there pjc, good to see you.

Most people enjoy exploring aspects of their spirituality.

NOT ME. OK I was joking.

Cheers.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:42 pm
@laughoutlood,
Peter, hi.

I haven't seen your last posts on a2k, but did you ever get that psychiatrist appointment you were talking about earlier? I remember hoping you could pursue that.

In the meantime, I can see you could have a problem with working out this issue.

I'm an atheist, but a sort of late one, in that was in my early twenties when I figured out that I didn't believe what I had been taught. I'm not interested at all in talking you into agreeing with me, as my lack of belief is only my own lack.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 04:57 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well, the little voice in my head, which you refer to as God, tells me that you are out of your ******* mind; and who can go against the Word of God?
Ionus

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 05:19 pm
@kuvasz,
Quote:
the little voice in my head, which you refer to as God, tells me that you are out of your ******* mind
Your conscience said that ? Or are you psychotic ?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 05:21 pm
does the voice sound like mine?

if so, it is gods voice
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:26 pm
@kuvasz,
This person is no troll. If some folks might want to consider a little bit of sympathy here it wouldn't be misplaced emotion. Please read his other posts and you might understand. Though his posts are often annoying in some parts, he's not like some infamous trolls you may have seen here.

In fact, he's really not a troll. He admits freely to having perception and/or schizoid issues. He's certainly not arrogant. Sometimes his postas ramble and it's hard to figure what he really wants. However, he knows his voices are questionable in origin. He seems to want validation and some guidance. I'm not sure he's able to asorb the info or advice, but he's game for trying.

I believe his request to talk with Mensa people about deity really isn't arrogant as much as it is socially unaware.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 02:44 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ok Thank you all for the posts. Well I have Been cursed at, Called arrogant, Said thats impossible to prove. Well thats a real improvement. If i aske that question 400 years ago I more than likely been excuted, 100 years ago I would have been removed from society and gotten locked up and maybe have a piece of my Brain cut off. 50 years ago I would have been subject to diabetic coma as a treatment. But no one is able to say hey you skitso thats not God you are hearing Because............ And yet it is still a syptom of my disease. So when sometimes I make coments like the mensa one. Its is to say "What gives you the right to say that its wrong to think of the voices in my head as God?". I mean can you give me an argument against it? Instead of cursing and saying its impossible to prove other wise? Or is people like me gona pay the price for this fore ever? So all I am asking is if youre gona say this is a symtpom. And thats is wrong. Then validade youre point why. Does that make sense? Thank you for taking the time to read. Smile
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:37 am
God Told Me To Write this "God Works In Amazing Ways!!!!!!!" Smile
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 01:56 pm
If you believe it's God, and if this belief doesn't lead you to harm others or yourself, and especially if this belief leads you to do good things, then by all means, it is God.
mesquite

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:30 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

Epicurus
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 07:26 pm
@mesquite,
Hmm yes good point. Well Good and evil are perceptions. Its evil from the zebras point of view to get eaten. And its good from the tigers point of view to eat. For one to say theres a good God and a Bad God. Its to say there are 2 Gods. And thats does not make sense if we are to believe that from God came evreything. Then evreything Is God.
0 Replies