Help me vote jfkjdgdf off the forum

msolga

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:23 am
@msolga,
There seems to be some confusion here about what is the "right" thing to do about thumbing down spam posts.

That is what I'm trying to clarify. Is it OK or not?
msolga

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:27 am
@msolga,
There was a post from dadpad, prior to my last post, which has gone missing.
That was what I was responding to (in my last post) .
0 Replies

roger

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:49 am
@msolga,
I can't clarify, but can share my own sense of direction. If the spam is an add on to one of the old threads, I guess I'll let it go. No sense in me spending 45 minutes downing 36 posts from one spammer. If others start their own threads, like giftbasketsfromzimbabwa.com, I'll kill it off as surely as I would a crossword puzzle thread.

Actually, I'm coming to appreciate the gift basket threads after the past day or so. They start one or two threads, and go away.
farmerman

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 05:41 am
@roger,
I reported my first thread this AM. It was jfkjdgdf asking questions about the JApan tsunami and then he slipped in a "buy some more crap from somehwre in Asia"

SO I reported im. I felt like I shot Liberty Valence. This guy is such a dickhead.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 06:08 am
@roger,
Quote:
gift basket

yeah lovely idea rog, who did you have in mind?
jespah

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 07:19 am
@laughoutlood,
If you've reported a post, it's automatically thumbed down.

Just one report on a spammer is fine (we will check their other posts).

We'll get there as soon as we can, so I'd suggest that thumbing down their other posts is kind of a less than useful exercise as the posts will be gone in a few hours.

And, yeah, they seem to post spam once I've gone to bed. Therefore, I have given up sleeping. Buy your stock in Starbucks now.

PS Thank you.
CalamityJane

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 09:33 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
And, yeah, they seem to post spam once I've gone to bed. Therefore, I have given up sleeping. Buy your stock in Starbucks now.

Thank goodness, humor never leaves you! Wink
0 Replies

Ionus

Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:15 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
loquacious users
???Is that a drug reference ???
0 Replies

Ionus

Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:17 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I'm coming to appreciate the gift basket threads after the past day or so.
Where can I buy one for farmerman ??
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:40:17