Nuclear segue

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 10:14 pm
An interesting phenomena occurring here in Albuquerque. The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History, located in Albuquerque, New Mexico; an affiliate of Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History experienced triple it's usual number of visitors today apparently due to public interest in the nuclear events currently occurring in Japan.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,302 • Replies: 9
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 10:57 pm
@dyslexia,
Thay coud get a BANG out of that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 11:06 pm
@dyslexia,
Yeah, well....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 11:49 pm
@dyslexia,
It used to be the Atomic Museum, and was relocated from Kirtland AFB. It would be less suspicious if they had offered a plausible explanation.
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 01:25 am
@dyslexia,
Are the butterflies more beautiful this year?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 09:51 am
I like that museum. When I was there, it wasn't at all busy, so I'm glad there is an increase of visitors.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:54 am
Perhas it is a healthy sign. Real information and understanding can only help. It appears the casualties in the rather terrible events in Japan may be well over ten thousand, with thousands presumably lost in destroyed buildings, vehicles and many hundreds in destroyed trains along the coast.

No fatalities have occurred in the damaged nuclear plants, and yet they occupy a very large fraction of the total coverage. The radiation released when the plant safety relief valves open to release coolant steam to relieve the pressure after coolant circulation failure is very short lived. with over 95 % of it having a half life measured in seconds - it is gone before it even spreads very far and its radius of influence is very limited. As long as the reactor vessel or the containment structure (either one will do) remains intact whatever problem and cleanup entails will be of very limited scope.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 01:15 pm
@dyslexia,
It gives me hope that the record flooding this spring will increase the number of visitors to the Ark exhibit at the Creation Museum.

ArkEncounter

Oops.. I guess they have to build it first.. Well maybe it will increase the pairs of workers willing to work on the ark.
parados

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 01:17 pm
@parados,
Plus you can buy a beam for only $5000 at the site..

I guess it's for those that don't realize they already have one in their eye.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 04:40 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

An interesting phenomena occurring here in Albuquerque. The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History, located in Albuquerque, New Mexico; an affiliate of Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History experienced triple it's usual number of visitors today apparently due to public interest in the nuclear events currently occurring in Japan.

Its a nice change from a public that usually gets its decision making information from the media and believe what the government tell them.
0 Replies